FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

First Moan - New Shirt News

Harry Chibber

In the middle of all the good natured posts I feel bad bringing in some negativity but...

Anyone an idea when the ICT home kit is being released?? so far... Celtic, Rangers, St Midden and Aberdeen have all released their kits (although most are rank) and will be reaping the benefits.

From previous experiences with Errea we will be the last to have any to sell... probably 2 weeks before the start of the season and once the sun has long gone.. and with it the oppertunity to make a fortune from merchandising. The decent weather's out I've just been paid and don't have to keep money aside for any ICT fixtures... it would be my first purchase if it was available and the more people wearing it about Inverness (in my case Glasgow) the more likely others would want it.

Whatever money the board think they are saving with a cheap & tacky shirt maker like Errea I guarentee it is less than what they would make with a brand that will deliver at the start of the close season

arrrr

Although not just the clubs fault this is a bit of a joke. Never mind the larger clubs having released their new kit, teams liek Dunfermline, Morton, Dundee and even Livingston have long had theirs released. I do think that the club are really missing out on some cash flow for the summer months.

Personally im not one for wearing football tops a lot, i wear them for playing indoor fives and out in the garden etc however i havent had a Caley Thistle top in a few years. Partly to do with the fact the last home strip was ok-ish and partly because of the issues raised by Harry Chibber.

I would be a lot more inclined to buy a home top if it was a) available when i get my season ticket and b ) made by a brand that inspired me

Edited by Libero

In the middle of all the good natured posts I feel bad bringing in some negativity but...

Anyone an idea when the ICT home kit is being released?? so far... Celtic, Rangers, St Midden and Aberdeen have all released their kits (although most are rank) and will be reaping the benefits.

From previous experiences with Errea we will be the last to have any to sell... probably 2 weeks before the start of the season and once the sun has long gone.. and with it the opportunity to make a fortune from merchandising. The decent weather's out I've just been paid and don't have to keep money aside for any ICT fixtures... it would be my first purchase if it was available and the more people wearing it about Inverness (in my case Glasgow) the more likely others would want it.

Whatever money the board think they are saving with a cheap & tacky shirt maker like Errea I guarentee it is less than what they would make with a brand that will deliver at the start of the close season

arrrr

Good point, they are missing out on a sales opportunity, what better way to advertise the club than with a brand new shirt to wear in the summer and you get the chance to wear it on your hols too (excluding Romania) :rolleyes:

I dont imagine the release will be too far away but will try to find out officially.

I do know the design for the new home top has been agreed (away top remains the same) but it took until the other week to put a final approval stamp on it due to the shirt sponsor changing (how many of the other teams quoted changed sponsors?).

The issue will now be Errea. I have never been a fan of this company and they are slow, slow, s...l...o...w when it comes to actually producing the goods. If it goes like previous years, Errea will take a while to produce a few samples that can be used in a press release and will then take a few more weeks to produce the players' kit, and a few weeks more to produce the kit for sale to customers ..... If I were guessing, I would say mid July before anyone gets their hands on one .... but will ask in the right places and report back !!!

I dont imagine the release will be too far away but will try to find out officially.

I do know the design for the new home top has been agreed (away top remains the same) but it took until the other week to put a final approval stamp on it due to the shirt sponsor changing (how many of the other teams quoted changed sponsors?).

The issue will now be Errea. I have never been a fan of this company and they are slow, slow, s...l...o...w when it comes to actually producing the goods. If it goes like previous years, Errea will take a while to produce a few samples that can be used in a press release and will then take a few more weeks to produce the players' kit, and a few weeks more to produce the kit for sale to customers ..... If I were guessing, I would say mid July before anyone gets their hands on one .... but will ask in the right places and report back !!!

Mid July??? :rolleyes:

The evil sisters have both changed shirt sponsors.. to be fair they may have known for longer than we have. We just seem to be low on the priority list for Errea and our board seem willing to accept that. If I ruled the world (i.e. on the ICT board) I would take our business where it's appreciated and somewhere that doesn't have a ridiculous sizing system!!

appreciate you trying to find out Scotty

Mid July??? :rolleyes:

The evil sisters have both changed shirt sponsors.. to be fair they may have known for longer than we have. We just seem to be low on the priority list for Errea and our board seem willing to accept that. If I ruled the world (i.e. on the ICT board) I would take our business where it's appreciated and somewhere that doesn't have a ridiculous sizing system!!

appreciate you trying to find out Scotty

July is my guess ... and I tried to be optimistic !!!

I agree that we are low on Errea's priority list and that for me is the kicker .. that is why we end up paying them a bond every year - to hold in trust - before they will send us anything, that is why they never meet delivery dates, that is why we should boot them into touch !! The problem is whether anyone else would be interested? I know smaller teams have had shirts from bigger suppliers (eg. Adidas) but you have to wonder whether it is an actual sponsorship deal or whether that club is merely buying stock at a favourable rate? I have no idea.

Now that we are back in the SPL and our board is getting an injection of some much needed dynamism perhaps we might see them play a little more hardball with this supplier. I would certainly like to see that.

Kenny got back to me and confirmed as much of the timeline as he could ...... it was fairly close to what I had already speculated.

The club gave Errea the green light once they had dotted all the 'i's and crossed all the 't's with Orion on the sponsorship deal. As that was a few weeks ago now, they hope to have the first sample with the Orion logo on it anytime soon. Once it arrives it will be launched on a date that is still to be decided. Replica kit for sale to the public is a different matter. The order is already with the supplier and it is expected to be available in July as I theorised.

The club are not confirming any exact dates, either for the launch or for replica kits right now and although they wont say it is because of the supplier, we all know that Errea have - in the past - given one date and then missed it by several weeks !!!

arrrr

Has anyone seen the new hibs away kit? HAHAHA!

It reminds me of my puke after a night on cheap cider when i was 14!

I'm sure sure errea will do a better job than puma did with theirs!!!

I think they took inspiration for the colour scheme from that chip shop up towards the top of Easter Road. Has there been any confirmation as yet to the strip designs we're going to have for the new season?

Kenny got back to me and confirmed as much of the timeline as he could ...... it was fairly close to what I had already speculated.

The club gave Errea the green light once they had dotted all the 'i's and crossed all the 't's with Orion on the sponsorship deal. As that was a few weeks ago now, they hope to have the first sample with the Orion logo on it anytime soon. Once it arrives it will be launched on a date that is still to be decided. Replica kit for sale to the public is a different matter. The order is already with the supplier and it is expected to be available in July as I theorised.

The club are not confirming any exact dates, either for the launch or for replica kits right now and although they wont say it is because of the supplier, we all know that Errea have - in the past - given one date and then missed it by several weeks !!!

nice one Scotty, thanks for checking this out

shame it's the expected answer