FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: ICT -V- Queens Park

Scotty

GOAL! Cox assisted by Duncan. We seem to be giving away alot of fouls though according to live text.

Is it 2 nil or are you half an hour after everyone else ?

Oh I was a wee bit behind. :oops01: Just thought I'd give the info about the goal supplied by BBC live text.

Has Munro been taken of for precautionary reasons I take it? Carrying a knock? Injured?

Or are we just treating this as a run out? :_thumbup:

"# 54:42 GOAL - Eric Odhiambo : Inverness CT 2 - 0 Queens Park Eric Odhiambo gets on the score sheet with a goal from close in low into the middle of the goal. Inverness CT 2-0 Queens Park."

"# 53:43 Substitution Eric Odhiambo comes on in place of Gil Blumenshtein."

2-0 Odihiambo. On the pitch for less than a minute and puts us firmly in the driving seat.

Thats 3-0! Rossco gets in on the act. Get in!

56:19 GOAL - Ross Tokely : Inverness CT 3 - 0 Queens Park Goal scored by Ross Tokely from deep inside the penalty area to the top right corner of the goal. Inverness CT 3-0 Queens Park.

Now hopefully I wont click "add reply" then another goal.

Well that was a bit of a boring game. ICT still seem too eager to punt it, with the play not being the best. The best players - Cox looked good, Blumanshtein had some nice touches and McCann was all right. Special mention though has to go to Odhiambo. What an improvement! Last season he could barely pass the ball, and now he's creating chances for fun! Unlike a certain Mr Rooney though who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo! An improvement is still needed for Celtic mind.

Positives: Eric looked dangerous with some good turns and runs on goal, he did well to charge down the keeper's kick effectively. Nick Ross looked confident on the ball and played some nice passes in and around the box, but should've scored near the end when he took a touch too many before shooting. Munro and Tokely won everything in the air today and were strong in the tackle. Cox seemed involved in everything today, breaking up play one minute and helping out the attack the next. McCann looked quite good and confident enough going forward, combing well with Nick Ross.

Negatives: 2 injured centre halves, perhaps Gillet will play in the middle on Tuesday? Too many invisible players, with Gil and Duncan the worst offenders. Danny Sanchez also had a poor game not contributing anything of note

Cox, Ross and Oddi were outstanding today. Didn't see much by way of a meaningful contribution from Blumanshtein...

Team is crying out for the return of Foran and Hayes. Can't really see us doing a helluva lot in the SPL without them.

Defence look at sixes and sevens more than once this game. A good team would have that. Still cant complain,... too much.

Eric seems to be continuing his imprvement from the end of last season, looks good on the ball and willing to work off it. Unlike some, yes I am looking at you Rooney, I suggest you pick up your towel, get off the beach and head back home from holidays. Term has started.

Ross looked like he will do something as did Bloomy at times, but still has a bit to learn about the Scottish game. Cox was efficient throughout, and even Sanchez seemed to pick up in half the second.

I know TerrynJune are still trying things out, but this defence looked vulnerable. I hope that the visits from our two foreign friends help us to reach some stability prior to the Tic match.

PS Odiambo's goal was the funniest bit of footie I have seen in an age. The ball bounced off the keeper and they were both looking for it, it landed and trickled towards goal, Odi an a Spider gace chase, but it slipped over, much to everyones delight.

Edited by gordyfromsneck