FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Steven Slater, flight attendant

Dmacca

its all over the radio over here .... Some flight attendants have setup facebook pages for him and even posted their support on youtube !!!!! He's due in court in New York today .....

PS - according to the news I heard, deploying that chute, which is a one-time use product costs in the region of $30,000 !!!!

didnt quit any job in style but did quit one in satisfaction .... I was a department head and we had a change of overall management, the new manager did not get on with any of the department heads (who were all knowledgeable and would not be made scapegoats for others' inadequacies). The next two years were spent trying to get rid of me and several other colleagues ... we suffered demotion (with no loss of pay), menial tasks, odd shifts --- all stuff we could have used in a constructive dismissal claim if we wanted. I also suffered some other more sleekit and private (and therefore unprovable) comments/actions.

However, although some folk did leave, I am a stubborn barsteward so I held on and eventually, the new manager realised that the people who had replaced us were truly terrible and started to realise that our knowledge and ability would enhance rather than endanger the manager's reputation and the branch's profitability. I had saved up several weeks holiday so on the same week that I was told I was getting my old position back I said "thanks but no thanks", handed in my notice, informed the manager I had 4 weeks holiday to take so would be finishing at the end of the week (FRI) and left the office with a huge smile on my face ..... I started with a direct competitor on the Monday and doubled my average salary !!!! that was very satisfying !!!

I was a bar manager and after I had been working at a hotel for nearly a year. I went in for my shift Saturday lunchtime. Boss brought me my wages. After counting the money I noticed it was ?30 short. I asked him why, and he told me that we had agreed that I take a ?30 pay cut during the winter months. Obviously I thought this was nonsense, but he said that was the way it was going to be. As I also took bets for a bookie behind the bar and it was worth a few ??'s I decided to bide my time until the end of my shift.

During my shift a few guys came in to pay off their slate. As I knew I was going to tell the owner where to stick his job, I ripped the guys pages out of the tick book. I ended up ratarsed, :drink: for free, the tick book got "lost" everyone in the bar that afternoon had a good day, but not much money was taken.

When the owner came in at 6pm, I handed him the keys to the bar and told him to stick his job :_wave: . Needless to say I was barred but I got a cracking round of applause from everyone in the bar as I left. And start a new job the following week.

Well done Steven Sl ater!!

Now what is it with erseholes who have to open hatches before they need to, stand up before they can get off and moan like banshees all for the sake of being ten seconds ahead of the rest?:_nonono:

Although I work on the ground, I see this kind of passenger/customer arrogance every day. Mostly from snooty sods (usually heading to london) who think they are gods gift because they buy The Times or claim on expenses.

Classic example is when the ground staff call the easyjet flights. There's a long announcement that starts off 'This is an information announcement for easyjet flight ___ to ______, please remain seated'.

Guarentee everyone stands up and heads to the gate.

The staff will even say 'to speed up the boarding process we ask all passengers to remain seated until groups are called forward'. You can guess that not many people stay on their backsides!

Now for people like those who read The Times (i.e. people who like to show their intellegence and superiority), they aint half flamin stupid!!! The plane aint going anywhere until everyone is on board, so whats the big flamin hurry.

Ok rant Over... lol. :_talktalktalk:

I say fair play to Steven Slater!!! The man has just become my hero!!!

Maybe I should put the news headline up at the till-points at work... lol