FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchnight Thread : Celtic -V- ICT

caleyrule

The game was shocking. I don't particularly care about reserve team etc. The formation made no sense. Five at the back! We never play 5 at the back. Then again if you take Proctor into account it was only 4. Why can't he tackle? Sutherland was so out of his depth it was scary. Hayes in the hole behind him? Hayes got Mulgrew booked (again) but failed to run at him again after it. Get the boy sent off for gods sake. Not one of your finest hours Tel.

There was a small chorus of the famine song from about 3 boys behind me. When they figured out they were on their own they shut up. Not big or clever boys!

Well that was bad, very bad. I almost curled up in my seat in embarrassment! Fair play to Celtic though, they played some snazzy stuff at times, and it could well have ended in double figures...........no really! Everything that could've gone for ICT essentially did. Outplayed and outclassed. Only Nick Ross I could really say had a good game, while Foran tried hard and Tuffey did okay. Sadly though, the same can't be said for one David Proctor. He was rotten yesterday, absolutely stinkingly bad! His goal-line "clearance" own goal was comical. I would go as far to say a blindfolded Djebi-Zadi would have defended better! If McCann is injured get Tokely to right back ASAP.

While I'm not calling for his head, I do have to say that a good chunk of the blame has to land at Terry Butcher's door. 5-4-1? What was all that about? Sutherland up front on his own? He was helpless up there and had nothing to work with. I was actually rather optimistic before the start of the game, I didn't think we'd see an ICT win but I did think they'd give Celtic a good game. Unfortunately that all changed when I say the team line up on the big screen. It was just baffling. My impression of what Butcher was going to do was try and contain Celtic for 70 odd minutes before unleashing Foran and Rooney, but you can't play like that. If you let Celtic have the ball they'll beat you, and that they certainly did. In saying that though, I'd rather lose 6-0 in the CIS Cup than I would in the SPL, but it still isn't good enough.

• Agree 1

Just watched the low lights online and we were rotten. Though I can't believe the referee didn't send the Celtic player off for the tackle on Cox. Ref was max 5 yards away watching the incident and it was a shocker of a tackle, not surprised he's out for a while as it looked like a career ender.