FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

EVENT: Inverness CT v Legends

CaleyD

It was a great nostalgic night, four ex managers was great to see, great to see CC Bazza Bobby going to get you and everyone Else was great the booing when rooster was on the ball was funny, n I got the impression rossco didn't like him lol... also nice to meet some fellow posters. Good times Roy you are a legend!!!

Edited by Georgeios

4-1 I think was the final score.

Some guys could still show the newbies a thing or two. Charlie Christie still looks like a footballer as does Barry Wilson. Bobby Mann never ever looked like a footballer, but his passes out of defence were just spot on.

Wayne Rooney David Chambers looks like a pretty good wee player, quick feet and quick off the mark, impressed by his energy. Roy almost broke through the defence near the end in spectacular fashion, flicking the ball over the defender on the run, but the appeal for the penalty cut no ice with the under fire referee's.

Enjoyable evenings football and a decent turn out for a cold Tuesday night, maybe 500-600, but that's just a guess.

I wouldn't say that 500-600 is a decent turn out to be honest. Roy is one of ICT's hardest working players over the years and is a bit of an unsung hero in my eyes and would like to have seen 1500 or so. True ICT legend

I'm really gutted I couldn't make this game. Suppose having it on the Tuesday before payday probably didn't help. It's good Roy got a testimonial though. Hope everyone who made it enjoyed the game.

It was good to see so many respected players from yesteryear back on the pitch, The legends won the first half with their experience and interlinking play and ICT won the second half with our youth growing in confidence and taking control of play as the game wore on

Good night out. Barry still full of running, but my MOM, apart from Royster, was Sheerin who was superb throughout tricky and aware. A class of his own. Well taken goal too. Scotty McLean and Dennis were there too but didnt play. Shame about Brew getting booed; he didnt have to be there. The Irish Shamrock were all rested as were Esson and others, or "it would have been 9-0" according to Hayes. Pele looked well. Well done for the trust for organising it all, the complexity of which was gratefully acknowledged by the beneficiary.

It was great to see some of the old timers here again, and you can see the football brain is still very active, unflustered Bobby, CC showing a range of twists/turns/neat passes, Barry still well up for a sprint/shot at goal and he gave Shinnie a torrid time, even Brew has still got the neat touch.

We identified all but one of the legends, the no14 that came on at LB? we thought it was an old mate of Roy's but which one?

No one spoiled it for Roy.

And you know that how, pray tell?

I don't quite understand the mentality of folk who trundle along to someone else's party and proceed to trash the personally invited guests doing the party giver a favour..

Everyone, as far as I can see, knew Brewster would be playing at some stage so if they had a problem with that.why go at all?

I'm beginning to think that football fans, after a year and a half on this forum, are the most irrational and nastiest people in the universe.

Edited by Oddquine

Georgeios is very obviously the expert on who's having a bit of banter or not?

As for telling the ones who were booing to button it, can you just imagine the response a female would get from them? Didn't realise I was "moaning" - making an observation just like many others do on this forum, which is the whole point of it, isn't it? Apologies for taking a WHOLE day to post my comments - didn't realise there was a time limit on these things?

Not really too sure why my comments have peed some of you off so much - too near the mark I expect!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

It's not pee'd me off, your not too happy about the booing, I'm not bothered about it I thought it was a chuckle.

Oddq I know he enjoyed his night, was greatfull for the players, find and those that put the night together n hadn't said anything about the booing.

Mountains out of molehills, IMO.

Any booing was coming from a handful of people at most and whilst it wasn't welcome I very much doubt it spoiled anything for anyone. In truth, I expected worse than a few, very tame, boos to be aimed at him. Had it been a normal match day with more people in the Stadium and a bit more noise then it's unlikely they would have been heard.

If there's one thing that annoys me more than idiots at football matches, it's people who to go to matches and spend more time looking for things to complain about and worrying about what other people are up to instead of watching/enjoying the game themselves....and don't even get me started on the whole "being offended on behalf of others" thing.

• Agree 1

Can we split this and removed the "exchange of Opinion" on booing at games.... I feel its bring down the thread that should be dedicated to the Mighty Roy... I?m thinking serious topics ?Booing Ex players? or the likes?.

If I am not mistaken, this thread was about Roy's testimonial against the Legends. The last two pages have reduced the whole affair to a farce. The thread should have been positive and, as far as I can see, it has become very negative. I do not know any of the people involved in posting but it appears to me that they are using the forum to "attack" others.

I will "nail my colours to the mast" and admit that Roy is a relative and, without question, I know that everyone was asked to play because of the respect Roy held for them as players. Anyone who has read the interview with Roy on the forum will know that he was as disappointed as the next man at being relegated, but this did not influence his attitude to Craig Brewster as a player.

I had the honour to be a guest of Roy's at the match and I can tell you that the people around me (fellow guests and famly members) were disappointed in the reaction of the individuals in the crowd every time Craig touched the ball.

My personal opinion is that Craig Brewster could still play to a high standard and I hope that the rest of those watching appreciated the touch and level of fitness that he was renowned for as a player.

I have thought long and hard about a reply to this thread but, at the end of the day, it was supposed to be about Roy and I just felt a reply had to be made.

Can I respectfully suggest that we get back on the subject of Roy's testimonial and forget "petty squabbles". In my opinion, Roy is one of the most professional players you could come across, but then again I am biased!

• Agree 4

I fully support BlueToon's comments, comments echoed by Charlie Christie in the Courier. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening both from the perspective of seeing some excellent play from several of our former players and seeing some of the youngsters including David Chambers, Chad Stewart and Liam Polworth who all looked comfortable at this level. I am sure their efforts and the respect afforded them all by 99.5% of the crowd helped make it a memorable occasion for Roy. He certainly deserved a good night.

If I am not mistaken, this thread was about Roy's testimonial against the Legends. The last two pages have reduced the whole affair to a farce. The thread should have been positive and, as far as I can see, it has become very negative. I do not know any of the people involved in posting but it appears to me that they are using the forum to "attack" others.

Indeed. couldnt agree more and as noted above, the vast majority of 'booing' comments have now been split into their own little toxic topic !

I have thought long and hard about a reply to this thread but, at the end of the day, it was supposed to be about Roy and I just felt a reply had to be made. Can I respectfully suggest that we get back on the subject of Roy's testimonial and forget "petty squabbles". In my opinion, Roy is one of the most professional players you could come across, but then again I am biased!
You wont find much argument about Roy, his professionalism, or his personality from any forum members !!!

Its a shame it was so cold as I think you would have had a lot more turnout. Roy has always been very dependable and for a manager, having someone that you can bring on in confidence must be a great feeling. Fair play to the legends side as they were excellent, including Brewster, booing any player is unacceptable esecially as they gave up their free time to be there. I had forgotten how good sheerin was and cc has still got the touches, although when the legends defence needed shoring up you would have thought Pele would have given butcher or malpas a shot! of the ICT team chambers was outstanding as was polworth. Fair play to the coaches as the youth team were badly affected when we went to div 1. As far as the bickering goes it might be an idea to have a time delay on continually posting on the same thread.

• Agree 1