FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

EVENT: Inverness CT v Legends

CaleyD

Any further word on who may be turning out and what else is planned for the evening?

There has been a great turn out from ex Caley players who want to play in Roy's testimonial to mark his ten years service to the club. Mark Brown, Jimmy Calder, Bobby Mann, Stuart McCaffrey, Barry Wilson, Liam Keogh, Barry Wilson, Charlie Christie, Paul Sheerin, Dennis Wyness, Graham Bayne & Craig Brewster have all signed up for the night and John Robertson and Pele are going to be managers for the night.

Looks like it is going to be a good night with alot of the old faces coming back to Inverness for the night.

Barry is such a Legend he's going to do the job of two men!!!

Already a great potential line-up in that lot, but I understand there could be more names added yet.

Glad to see Brewsters name in there, regardless of what we thought/think of Brewster the Manager, not much fault could be found in Brewster the Player.

A word to the wise for Terry & Mo....don't underestimate your opponents for this match!!!

I'm just hoping the Ref Strike doesn't throw a spanner in the works for Tuesday!!!

It's only cat. one refs so I think we could play with a lower down one. Plus it's no due to start until Saturday so no worries there.

This thread's gone a bit quiet given that the match is tomorrow.

Roy has been very much an unsung hero for ICT for many years and his solid midfield play was a major factor in us staying so long in the SPL during our first spell. It is often the way that the more visible players get the good turnouts at testimonials but few deserve a good turnout as much as Roy.

There's feck all on the telly tomorrow so get yer erses down to the TCS and show your appreciation for a real ICT legend.

4-1 I think was the final score.

Some guys could still show the newbies a thing or two. Charlie Christie still looks like a footballer as does Barry Wilson. Bobby Mann never ever looked like a footballer, but his passes out of defence were just spot on.

Wayne Rooney David Chambers looks like a pretty good wee player, quick feet and quick off the mark, impressed by his energy. Roy almost broke through the defence near the end in spectacular fashion, flicking the ball over the defender on the run, but the appeal for the penalty cut no ice with the under fire referee's.

Enjoyable evenings football and a decent turn out for a cold Tuesday night, maybe 500-600, but that's just a guess.

Quite an enjoyable game and good experience for some of the youngsters to play against the legends. Charlie Christie played some lovely touches, Barry Wilson and Bobby Mann can still show some of our first team squad a lesson or two. To be fair, Brewster played some good touches as well. In the end the difference between the sides was the fitness levels of the youngsters and Jim Calder being in goal 2nd half for the legends.

4-1 I think was the final score.

Some guys could still show the newbies a thing or two. Charlie Christie still looks like a footballer as does Barry Wilson. Bobby Mann never ever looked like a footballer, but his passes out of defence were just spot on.

Wayne Rooney David Chambers looks like a pretty good wee player, quick feet and quick off the mark, impressed by his energy. Roy almost broke through the defence near the end in spectacular fashion, flicking the ball over the defender on the run, but the appeal for the penalty cut no ice with the under fire referee's.

Enjoyable evenings football and a decent turn out for a cold Tuesday night, maybe 500-600, but that's just a guess.

I wouldn't say that 500-600 is a decent turn out to be honest. Roy is one of ICT's hardest working players over the years and is a bit of an unsung hero in my eyes and would like to have seen 1500 or so. True ICT legend