FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

We Need Another Hayes!

Renegade

I think the one thing that could be seen by the game earlier, is just how reliant on Hayes ICT are at times, so much so maybe we sometimes take him for granted. This transfer window, ICT desperately need to sign another player in that mould. Sure, there's a few players here right now that can go there - Odhiambo, Sutherland, Foran and Ross are all good players that can go there but none of those have the wing magic that Hayes has. But who to go for? Gardyne from Ross County - Could he do it? What about a return for Morais? What about making a move (again!) for Gary McKay Stevens? Would any of those players fill the void when Hayes is out? I think Morais certainly would, but would he come back and would Butcher want him? From what I've read, Butcher has noticed this and plans to make a move for a Cox and Hayes-esque playersin January. What do you make of this?

I agree, a player with a bit of pace and creativity is required to not only be there if Johnny is injured and also to stop the team depending on him so much.

Morais won't be back, nor will Mackay-Steven and i doubt we could afford Gardyne.

Butcher was talking about loan deals, i did hear that Danny Cadamarteri was a player we may be monitoring. He is out of the picture at United just now and his contract is up at the end of the season.

We're not going to spend the amount of money (on wages) for a player who's likely to spend more time on the bench than on the pitch. What's more, it's going to be tough to persuade a club to give us such quality on loan under such circumstances.

Not saying it won't happen, but I think it's more than likely we'll get some little heard of player who Butcher sees some potential in, than any of the players named above.

Morais although not in my opinion a good signing is a deal i could see the club doing as morais is on non-contract terms at oldham and has only made 2 appearances this season (another reason not to sign him)

However would be a good squad player however he is a player unlikely to come if given word he will be a first team player.

I recon Sutherland didn't do too bad, also sanchez, Shinnie can put a ball in too... I don't think just one player makes up our team as it stands.

Edited by Georgeios
  • Disagree 2

What we need is a player who can put his foot on the ball and create. We have players who can stop other teams playing but we need a player who can open things up for the likes of rooney and hayes. This would allow hayes to use his pace over a shorter distance and compete for 90 mins.

We didn't particularly miss Hayes yesterday - we were poor because too many of the more senior players were poor and the tactics were poor. Sutherland, who came in instead was probably our best outfield player. We played better against Hearts when Hayes was playing but he had a very poor game and contributed little. We have enough good players in the squad - we just need enough of them to be on their game at the same time.

• Agree 1

We didn't particularly miss Hayes yesterday - we were poor because too many of the more senior players were poor and the tactics were poor. Sutherland, who came in instead was probably our best outfield player. We played better against Hearts when Hayes was playing but he had a very poor game and contributed little. We have enough good players in the squad - we just need enough of them to be on their game at the same time.

Agree with all that..... and let's not forget Midden played out of their skins. I'd forgotten how good a player Dargo was.

What were our tactics then? didnt see anything that made me think we had much of a game plan.

Shane tried hard but aint a wide creative player, he is best in the middle where his directness would have paid off, too many time he got the ball then turned back and gave the ball back to another player.

Team formation / choice was wrong -well wrong.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I was about to say..."bring back so and so" but I just had a senior moment! :yawn01:

But you remember--you know that Spanish fella that used to play for Caley Thistle a few years ago, but went back to his native land, who could turn on the most wonderful stuff and score such heavenly goals .Diablo or something. A year ago he was wandering about Scotland trying to get a club and rumour had it that he was maybe going to sign for ICT again. :shrug:

????????????????

I think the one thing that could be seen by the game earlier, is just how reliant on Hayes ICT are at times, so much so maybe we sometimes take him for granted. This transfer window, ICT desperately need to sign another player in that mould. Sure, there's a few players here right now that can go there - Odhiambo, Sutherland, Foran and Ross are all good players that can go there but none of those have the wing magic that Hayes has. But who to go for? Gardyne from Ross County - Could he do it? What about a return for Morais? What about making a move (again!) for Gary McKay Stevens? Would any of those players fill the void when Hayes is out? I think Morais certainly would, but would he come back and would Butcher want him? From what I've read, Butcher has noticed this and plans to make a move for a Cox and Hayes-esque playersin January. What do you make of this?

With all the stick our fans give to Alan MacGregor would they really want his co-accused in the team? Besides he signed for Oldham at end October and made two appearances before getting a three match ban for a red card in the reserves.

Juanjo--that's the man. It came back to me a couple of hours after I forgot it. -- see what you have to look forward to. One day you wake up and you are in your dotage.

Then I read Caley D, IHE , Manfer, Georgios, Doofer's Dad, Yngwie, Mantis, Pull My Finger and many others and I feel I am back in the land of the living..sigh! I just love my daily fix of text-geratrol. :tongue:

We don't need another Hayes, we just need the one we've got fit. There are other areas of the pitch that need attention more if you are taking transfer targets here - a creative driving midfielder, a defender and an effective foil for Rooney (who's mind appears to be on other things right now) What we missed on Saturday was someone fast enough and aware enough to pick up the ball into the left side channel that we have been playing all year. It's resulted in JH terrifying defences by running at them and we have usually profitted by a good ball into the box, a spectacular strike or a free kick. we had none of that on saturday, and an off day that in truth had been coming for some time. Roll on Killie.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the problem we have is any more established experienced player would expect to play and while we need to take the pressure off the likes of Rooney and Hayes without heaping all the expectation to fill in any gaps on Ross and Sutherland. At the same time it would be wrong to take away any 1st team chances away from Ross and Sutherland.

I think we really need to hope that the likes of Gil, now back from injury, and Sanchez, who made an impression last weekend albeit against 3rd division opposition (still a very well taken goal), can come in and help out.

If we get anyone in it will probably be a loan. He would have to be flexible and able to play in more than one position. I think at least longer term we need a quicker centre half. The likes of Tokely and Munro are both strong and good in the air but I think it would be good to see some pace there. Problem is good reliable and pacey centre halves are hard enough to find at the best of times.

I just hope Hayes is available again sooner rather than later.

What's wrong with Morais? He was pretty good when he was with us, and got a move to St Johnstone based on his performances for us. I'd be delighted to have him back.

I would kill for Juanjo in his prime, and sever a finger for Mihadjuks to come back. We won't be signing anyone though, it will be a couple of loans from down south, who will turn out to be quite good and move onto bigger and better things.

Funny how players always assume more importance when they are out injured, Hayes has not been at his best in the his last few games and might not have made any difference in our defeats.

• Agree 1