Buckie back in the cup

Heilandee

shame for East Stirling who IMO have been pretty harshly treated.

I was thinking along those lines too until I noticed the killer line in the newspaper - all the teams have access to an extranet where they could check that the players have been registered. So the "it was in the post, honest" line was no longer a reasonable excuse. If they had made a minimal effort they could have seen for themselves if the registration was acknowledged and if not, contacted the SFA to check. Victims of their own ineptitude really.

At first I thought that this referenced Barry Ferguson celebrating last night's win....

:rotflmao: thats a belter

I was thinking along those lines too until I noticed the killer line in the newspaper - all the teams have access to an extranet where they could check that the players have been registered. So the "it was in the post, honest" line was no longer a reasonable excuse. If they had made a minimal effort they could have seen for themselves if the registration was acknowledged and if not, contacted the SFA to check. Victims of their own ineptitude really.

I didnt know this, i originally felt that expulsion was a bit harsh but if there was an easily accessible way to check registration and they didnt use it then they cant really complain

Ach , i know, and just reading this,the SFA are quite right in nailing these things down, just wish they had this clarity, decisiveness and continuity of punishments in all areas ,still gotta feel sorry for wee teams who's administrative staff are probably part time and doing there best.........

Competition rules were recently modified by the SFA after Dunfermline Athletic were expelled then subsequently reinstated to the competition last season, meaning The Shire have no right of appeal.

Rule 39.1 (b) of the SFA's handbook states: "Where a club is found to have named within an official team line a player who is not eligible to participate in the relevant match in the competition pursuant to the registration procedures and/or the disciplinary procedures, then such club will be ejected from the competition.

"Neither the board nor the secretary shall be entitled to waive or modify the application of this rule in any circumstances."