FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What keeper for the Quarter-Final ?

Stevie

Which Keeper ?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Tuffey or Esson for the QF ?

Esson has got a lot more match practice and has won us a lot of points this season so I voted for him. Sorry Johnny but it's too big a match not to use our first choice keeper. A win sees us in a semi at Hampden with our best chance to go all the way.

Tuffey. I don't see him as being "weaker", just unfortunate to be on the sidelines while Esson has done nothing to warrant him getting the shirt from him.

Likewise, Tuffey has done nothing to warrant his being replaced for cup games so should not be asked to step aside.

Strongest team available, including goalkeeper, therefore Esson for me. Maybe Butcher has some form of gentlemans agreement with them as to who plays when etc. Possibly up to the quarters or semi it's Jonny.........who knows, only Butcher, Jonny and Ryan.

What message does it give by dropping the guy for nothing? Where's the motivation for him to perform if called upon due to an Esson injury if it's in the back of his mind that he's just the "make do" guy who'll be on the bench again as soon as Esson is fit?

If they were worlds apart in terms of ability then I could see the justification, but they aren't and any talk of one being better than the other is purely speculative as neither has done anything in the games they've played to suggest that one isn't as capable as the other.

There's no good reason for benching the guy in favour of Esson.

• Disagree 1

I think its only fair that Tuffey remains between the sticks. He has done nothing to warrant being dropped for cup games. Butcher obviously wants to give Tuffey games and decided that the cup is the ideal place for this, would be very unfair of Butcher to drop him now