FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic Cup Preview & Report

tm4tj

Yeah.... Good stuff again guys! Sets the scene up nicely for Sunday.#

Can I add this alternative preview/prediction unashamedly nicked from P&B?

I think a 1-1 draw *may* be on the cards here.

Celtic to score early on, via Hooper, then miss a sh1tload of chances. Caley will pass it about nicely without really doing anything in the final third, until the last couple of minutes, when Adam Rooney will score.

However, Celtic will complain bitterly about a throw in given erroneosly to Caley six minutes previously, to no avail. Come full time, Neil Lennon will be seen running across the pitch to berate the referee, before being hauled away by at least two Cops, spitting the word "conspiracy ya bass!" in his direction.

Minutes later during a TV interview, a clearly seething Lennon will get steadily more angry as the unfortunate reporter asks about Celtic's profligacy in front of goal, rather than the more pressing issue of a country-wide protestant conspiracy against Celtic. Finally, Lennon explodes with rage, banjoing the reporter, then screaming maniacally into the camera "Get THAT fecking story straight you motherfeckers!" before marching off to the Referee's dressing room.

Cut to blood curdling screams of terror, as the camera slowly pans to the open dressing room door, to a scene of unimaginable brutality. The referee and the offending Assistant who gave the wrong throw in, lying dismembered in pools of their own blood. In the corner, a blood soaked, tracksuited Lennon, arms folded tight rocks gently back and forward on his haunches, whimpering "All i wanted was clarification, that's not too much to ask is it?"

Unless Eddie Smith refs it, in which case, Celtic 3 (Hooper 3 pens) Caley Th 0 (somebody sent off)

• Agree 3

Yeah.... Good stuff again guys! Sets the scene up nicely for Sunday.#

Can I add this alternative preview/prediction unashamedly nicked from P&B?

I think a 1-1 draw *may* be on the cards here.

Celtic to score early on, via Hooper, then miss a sh1tload of chances. Caley will pass it about nicely without really doing anything in the final third, until the last couple of minutes, when Adam Rooney will score.

However, Celtic will complain bitterly about a throw in given erroneosly to Caley six minutes previously, to no avail. Come full time, Neil Lennon will be seen running across the pitch to berate the referee, before being hauled away by at least two Cops, spitting the word "conspiracy ya bass!" in his direction.

Minutes later during a TV interview, a clearly seething Lennon will get steadily more angry as the unfortunate reporter asks about Celtic's profligacy in front of goal, rather than the more pressing issue of a country-wide protestant conspiracy against Celtic. Finally, Lennon explodes with rage, banjoing the reporter, then screaming maniacally into the camera "Get THAT fecking story straight you motherfeckers!" before marching off to the Referee's dressing room.

Cut to blood curdling screams of terror, as the camera slowly pans to the open dressing room door, to a scene of unimaginable brutality. The referee and the offending Assistant who gave the wrong throw in, lying dismembered in pools of their own blood. In the corner, a blood soaked, tracksuited Lennon, arms folded tight rocks gently back and forward on his haunches, whimpering "All i wanted was clarification, that's not too much to ask is it?"

Unless Eddie Smith refs it, in which case, Celtic 3 (Hooper 3 pens) Caley Th 0 (somebody sent off)

And whats the result with Mike Tumilty running it??

here's a wee bit of fact for you...

When ICT beat Celtic at parkhead 3-1, Aberdeen drew 1-1 in the same round with St Mirren, after being 0-0 at half time, and 1-0 down for a short period. The original fixture between us was postponed...

Now, Aberdeen have today drawn 1-1 with St Mirren, after the score was 0-0 at half time and St Mirren winning 1-0 for a short period. Judging by the weather, our fixture could well repeat itself (although it'll be for an unplayable pitch rather than a broken stadium). History seems to be repeating itself.

The omen's are on our side people...

(William Hill has ICT down as 13/2 for the win, 18/1 to repeat 2003, and 66/1 for a 3-1 victory) :twothumbsup:

• Agree 1

here's a wee bit of fact for you...

When ICT beat Celtic at parkhead 3-1, Aberdeen drew 1-1 in the same round with St Mirren, after being 0-0 at half time, and 1-0 down for a short period. The original fixture between us was postponed...

Now, Aberdeen have today drawn 1-1 with St Mirren, after the score was 0-0 at half time and St Mirren winning 1-0 for a short period. Judging by the weather, our fixture could well repeat itself (although it'll be for an unplayable pitch rather than a broken stadium). History seems to be repeating itself.

The omen's are on our side people...

(William Hill has ICT down as 13/2 for the win, 18/1 to repeat 2003, and 66/1 for a 3-1 victory) :twothumbsup:

Before we get too carried away with thoughts that the Gods of fate are on our side, can I just point out that the away team won last time!

It's made now

Scottish Cup semi-final draw:

Dundee United or Motherwell v Brechin or St Johnstone

St Mirren or Aberdeen v Inverness CT or Celtic

Preview has now been amended slightly in view of the superstitions going around and the results of the draw.

Edited by tm4tj
I'm superstitious about spelling superstitious wrong