FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SPL Player of the year

bdu98196

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13078886.stm

Candidates have been named, agree or disagree?

For me it looks like Izaguirre and Goodwillie for young player.

Not sure if there have been many other players in the SPL who have shown high levels and consistency all year - although Hooper/Naismith could really be subsituted for any other Rangers/Celtic player TBH as neither have really shined from whast I've seen - perhaps MacGregor would have been one to include?

Oh and Rory is nominated for D2 - good luck to the boy, his goal haul this year suggests winning would be deserved

Alexei Eremenko far and away for me. Killie were very much relegation candidates at the start of the season. Eremenko has been easily their best player as they fired their way to potentially a top four finish (I expect them to finish six but who knows?). That's a far more difficult job than being potentially second top goalscorer for Celtic. Miller was better than Naismith at Ibrox. Izaguirre's been very good but probably not responsible for many wins or losses at Celtic. He adds to the team rather than it being moulded around him.

Templeton looks really exciting but maybe not played enough. High expectations. Goodwillie has around the same goals as Hooper but playing for an inferior club. If he avoids jail, he could have a big future ahead of him. I'm certainly more excited about his talent than that of Steven Fletcher when at Hibs. Could be Scotland's best natural striker since, oh, maybe McCoist?

Alexei Eremenko far and away for me. Killie were very much relegation candidates at the start of the season. Eremenko has been easily their best player as they fired their way to potentially a top four finish (I expect them to finish six but who knows?). That's a far more difficult job than being potentially second top goalscorer for Celtic. Miller was better than Naismith at Ibrox. Izaguirre's been very good but probably not responsible for many wins or losses at Celtic. He adds to the team rather than it being moulded around him.

Templeton looks really exciting but maybe not played enough. High expectations. Goodwillie has around the same goals as Hooper but playing for an inferior club. If he avoids jail, he could have a big future ahead of him. I'm certainly more excited about his talent than that of Steven Fletcher when at Hibs. Could be Scotland's best natural striker since, oh, maybe McCoist?

I hope you mean if he's proven innocent of alleged indiscretions. Has he even been charged? Wouldn't want him near my team if he's not innocent.

also goodwillies lawyer is the guy that called scotish football the ''laughing stock of world football'' this week. defended allan mcgregor on sex attack charges. and likened the importance of the most recent death threats towards neil lennon as the equivalent of terrorist actions and internet child paedophilia.

Goodwillie was charged and is currently awaiting conviction but we're getting off topic here.

For me Eremenko is defnitely player of the year. Certainly the most gifted footballer i've seen play in the SPL in a long time. Great touch, passing, vision and shooting ability. I'm guessing he will be in the Championship or Premier League next season.

The young player award is quite hard to pick.

Edited by ajsict92

apparently Emerenko has said to the old firm come and get me, then added it would be difficult to get in the team at celtic park, but Rangers need to bolster their midfield. Hmmmm which one is he aimimg for then. Best player in the SPL this season by far, and Goodwillie for the young player. Thought Nick Ross might have been nominated here but unfortunately not