FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V Aberdeen - matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 corners and a shot on goal for ICT (free kick blocked by Foster) so far according to BBC .... although they do have Aberdeen with 56% possesion

With the exception of Caff and Fraser it is interesting to note the attacking nature of our subs too

Guest kingkojak

barry was brilliant tonight!  :011:

start of the match was terrible - long balls all over the shop but we settled into a good passing game eventually.  gutted we lost 2 points at the end but perhaps a draw is a fair result  :007:

just like to say that was absolutely feckin terrible ..........

not the match ... but having to rely on Sky Sports ticker and BBC live text for updates ... while they are OK, they are nowhere near as good as actually being able to listen to the match over the web via the Radio Scotland site but two problems with that tonight .... 1 - I am at work and streaming audio is blocked by our firewall, and 2 - yet another game blanked out to listeners overseas.

Was literally bouncing on my seat as Bayne's goal came up on text and think the whole building heard me shout 'feck' when Lovell equalised.

Going by the live text commentary on BBC site it looked fairly even - what say those of you who were lucky enough to be there or see it / hear it on TV/Radio ?

Real sickener to lose it at the death but we just seemed to back off them the last 5 minutes.

Pretty poor game but I really thought we did enough to merit the win.

Was quite surprised to see 3 centre forwads on the bench tonight as well.

Who was that feckin ref?? He was pish  :008:

What a feckin great nite I have had watching Setanta. I asked a few of my work mates to come along, with a bevvy of course..and one of ma mates took this guy with him called Dennis Booth, feckin uglier, fatter and older than I,  who is one of the first team coaches at Preston Knob End. He apparently makes up dossiers on teams that Knob End know little about. He has never seen ICT live before and as he says there is a big difference watching a team live and watching them on telly, plus he also stated that you have to watch a team 2-3 times to get a real idea BUT some of his comments were , IMHO, pretty spot on and some of his comments were quite surprising but on thinking about them I can see where he is coming from. His attendance really confirmed my thoughts about some things but made me think about others in a different context.

Plus he said ICT were going to score then said they were going to concede. He felt a draw was the fairest result but that the Dons were the better footballing sidebut not the better organised.

Should I share them or should I put them on another thread??

Hey...view from the North Stand..........we stuffed them 1-1.

I thoutght that was the most enterprising we have been at home for a long time, well done to Manager of the Month Charlie and his team. We dominated Aberdeen from the start, and even when they got a little possession we still looked comfortable. Second half there was only one team going to win the game and we deservedly took the lead with a brilliant goal from the outstanding Bayne, swift move down the left, first time cross, and a diving header from Bayners to send the already delirious Northstanders into raptures.  Maybe premature but certainly deserved..... however, somehow our resolute defence managed to give too much room on the Dons right wing and a harmless looking cross eluded a couple of players and ended up being knocked inton the net...........bummer. We looked like ending our winless streak against the Dons, but hey, it wasn't to be, but for me this was our most positive display against them, and they should be afraid, very afraid.

Great performances all round, Dods, Rossco, Hastings, Rankin, (about time) Dargo for his unselfish runs, McBaon for the cross, Bayners for a fabulous goal.  The rest were only brilliant, no failures tonight, and a good crowd despite the Setanta showing...............there goes my predictor............Gutted by the late goal, but hey ho, some you win, some you lose............or draw :017:

Kencar............just spotted your post.................you are depressing me.

Kencar............just spotted your post.................you are depressing me.

Why did you think the ref had a good game?  :016:

Perhaps my frustration is coming through as negative, I really thought we had done enough to win the game and then to concede the equalisier so late on was just a big kick in the nuts (pardon my French)

Two points thrown away I'm afraid. We were so much the better team, but for some bloody reason sat back once we'd made the breakthrough :008:

Aberdeen were absolute gash, and it wasn't until the last few minutes that they actually did anything. That's the most gutted I've felt coming out of a game.

Wilson, Hastings, Dargo, Bayne, McBain, Rankin were all immense. Sorry TM4TJ, got to disagree about Tokely and Dods. I thought both were absolutely fecking useless. Dods passing gets more embarrassing by the week, and as for Tokely......how much room did he allow Smith, their only decent player, to have? Tokely has been ***** for months, it's about time CC gave him the kick up the arse he needs and brought Caff in.

While CC took all the plaudits for his subs against Falkirk I thought he got it wrong tonight. Dargo shouldn't have been subbed, he was playing superbly and was causing their defence all sorts of problems. If anyone should've been hooked(other than Tokely) it should've been Barry. He was absolutely knackered at the end, and the fresh legs of Sutherland may have kept the impetus with us.

Great performance though, certainly our best at home this season. Just a shame about the result.

My learned friend, on his first ICT viewing, could not believe that Dargo got hooked and when I explained about Wyness he suggested that we should have hooked McBain, gone a tight 4-3-3 and gone to seal the game. He was also IMPRESSED with Russell Duncan!!!

Aye it was a sore one to lose that goal so late but I suppose that evens the score from the late show at Pittodrie earlier.

Another fine performance from ICT in my opinion. Graham Bayne WAS ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING. I said it before he scored, I really thought he did everything a target man centre forward is expected to do and more. I can understand folk wanting to go with 2 footballing strikers, **** Wyness and Dargo proved last season with their goalscoring exploits, what they can do, but for me Bayne is a must to start.

Also thought Barry Wilson was excellent and Rankin gets better with every game.

Gutted for the lads. Thought they did well against an Aberdeen team with an over-fondness for the long ball. Aberdeen have some quality players but they deserved nothing out of this match. Our lads put everything into the game, were keen to pass the ball and Barry - as usual - ran his heart out.

And Baynie - yer goal was a cracker. Could see it coming just like it was in slowmo. Seems to have a liking for scoring against the Dons.

BTW, for a moment I thought Scott Higgins of Falkirk was playing in goal for them. He a decent run of blunders in the second half. Thought our luck might be in with the opposition goalie again.

On another theme, for a Monday night I thought the atmosphere in the North Stand was good. I suspected that there would be very few there and that the atmosphere would be like a graveyard but not so IMHO. Perhaps this suits a lot of locally-based supporters as it will free up Saturdays for a shot on the golf course  :022:, catching up on some DIY  :024: or wandering round the shops with the wife  :020: .

Well here are Denny's comments:

He felt that both teams had set up shop NOT to concede and pinch a goal on the break. He felt that "tactically" we had sussed each other out and that ICT had NOT produced a surprise tactic. He noted the fact that Smith was played on the left against Rosscoe and that this was clearly a "surprise" tactic by the Dons which could have brought dividends in the first half.

He did not see enuff of Brown to comment but could not believe that our defence were lying so deep - "unless they are lacking in pace". He described our defence as being very organised and evidently know each other well. He described the defence as "one that will not let in many goals". He also remarked about the continual "hoofs" and particulary zoned in on Dods and Hastings. He also wondered whether taht had something to do with a lack of confidence in our midfield payers although he noted that Rankin, in particular, made himself available alot but was bypassed.lHe felt that Rosscoe and Grant were more apt to lift their heads up to look for a pass but had a "tendency to panic" and hoof if in doubt.

He looked at Wilson as being the most natural "playmaker" but commented that he cannot take on that role when he is played so wide. He was actually impressed by Duncan who he felt did a lot of unnoticed covering. He was impressed by Rankin but stated that he looked more of a left footed wide player. In respect of McBain he did not understand where he was playing and what his role was.

He was impressed by Bayne and described him as the "120% battler" but felt that he was like a "headless chicken" at times. He was most impressed with Dargo who he thought made tremendous movement of the ball but was frustrated that he dropped deep at times and did not "prey" on the last defender.

In essence - his summing up is that we looked like a very fit, determined and difficult to beat side. He did comment that he can now understand why we win as much away as at home and commented that it would be difficult to change the system to "attack" at home.

He felt that we were missing a defender who could put his foot on the ball and play out of defence under pressure. He also felt that we lacked width and pace, were too reliant on long balls and our midfield were too slow in getting forward to support our forwards,mainly because the back 4 and midfield 4 played too deep.

He siad that we were going to score and suggested that if we had shored up the defence but "gone for it" that we aould have scored again. he said that he could see the Dons equaliser coming and again said that if we had held a higher line that the goal could have been avoided.

Coming from someone who evidently knows the game I found his comments very thought provoking. He did have his 40th voddie and emphasised that he would have to watch ICT a lot more for his comments to be conclusive.

What do yas think??