FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Radio Scotland tonight

TopSix

An honest and frank interview given by Butcher who seemed genuinely sorry that he was letting these guys go, but gave no apology because he feels it's what's needed to move the club forward.

Doesn't make it any easier to swallow, especially for fans who have become used to a setup that has always had a backbone of players who we knew were honest, hard working and dedicated to the club.

That aside, I think it says a lot about the fans opinions of Butcher that despite all the shock, anger and confusion we seem willing to hold off on the calls for his head and give him fair opportunity to show us what the plan is.....only one other ICT Manager who would ever have got away with the same thing, IMO.

No doubt that this is the start of a new era for ICT, it had to happen some day and I guess this is that day. You'll not find me celebrating the departure of some of these guys, but I also see little point in fighting it. Time to embrace the future and hope (and man am I hoping) that Butcher has got it right.

• Agree 3

never heard the interview as i was working but will try and iplayer it but it's a shame for alot of these players that we can't make additions and cut some dead weight without having an essential firesale and getting rid of players who have served the club so well over the years.

Rossco had a one year "option" that he could activate himself if he met certain criteria during the season...no idea exactly what that criteria was.

Not what I would want to see, but it doesn't automatically guarantee that he will be here next season....just means he is under contract and the club would have to agree terms if they wanted to move him on (or get a fee if someone wanted to buy).