FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gregory Tade

Libero

Great signing. Im glad Terry is keeping tight lipped about all the speculation that surrounds us as it seems better for buisness.

In terms of who we've brought in i dont think Tade will have a massive return in terms of goals but his workrate and physical presence will no doubt come in handy.

I'm happy enough with this signing. Tade caused us problems in our SFL season and when I saw him playing v. Aberdeen in the cup a season or two ago he tore them apart.

Athletic, fast and strong. Hopefully he'll gain a bit of confidence (and footballing ability from what RRFC fans have said on PieandBovril!) early doors...

Gregory Tade, Greg Tansey ...... must have a surplus of Gs & Ts in the lettering drawer !

seriously though, I think Tade is a good signing and may fit in well for us and I think we have also got a hidden gem in Tansey if the Guardian scouting report from 2007 is anything to go by .... http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/nov/27/newsstory.stockport

Not to rain on everybody's parade, but I must say, I am less than overwhelmed by this signing.

I've seen Tade play quite a few times as I quite often attend Raith matches, and he's not all that. His speed is considerable, though he tires after 30 minutes, and he is very awkward to deal with when he is in full-flow. That being said, for a striker, he misses a hell of a lot of chances and his composure in front of goal is non-existant. He has the touch of an antelope and his technique isn't much better. Also, not sure how he'll fit into the team, can't think of an obvious role for him. If Rooney were to go he is CERTAINLY NOT an adequate replacement and he's not better than the other first choice attacking players we have. Only role I can see him having is one where he comes on in the last 20/30 minutes and wreaks havoc with the opposition defence.

Even Raith fans treat him fairly ironically, they love him and chant his name but that's only because he tries hard and occasionally pulls something out of nowhere, not because he has any semblance of skill about him. I dunno, maybe Butcher's played a blinder here, and I will happily eat my words if he has, but I don't see Tade doing too well.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Interesting points from RCCC. Have to say I'm inclined to agree with what RCCC has said though I've seen Tade play in fewer games than he/she has. I'm not overly overwhelmed by his signing either, but I suppose it reflects the budget which Terry Butcher has to work with.

Let's be honest, if this guy was the finished product, we would have no chance of signing him. I think he has potential and it is up to the maangement/coaching team to help him achieve this potential. A gamble perhaps but all signings are that in the market we deal in.

• Agree 1

Seems to be a lot of mixed reviews on Tade, seems to be taking a slating over on P&B, what i can gather is Tade is a strong, powerful, athletic target man who can also play out wide. Causes defenders problems with his strength and pace and while he can score some good goals he is prone to some Djebi-Zadi moments and miss the odd sitter or two in a game. Certainly not the finished article but more of a raw talent needing a fair bit of polishing.

Whilst he may not appeal to some fans and indeed some 'ICT' fans on other sites have written him off already, i'm more than willing to give him a fair crack of the whip and will support him fully. What i like to do when assessing new signings is compare him to what we had in the previous seasons. Do i think he will be more of a threat than Odhiambo? Probably. Do i think he will be more of a threat than Sanchez? Certainly less skillful but will cause a lot more problems with his strength and direct running.

I think he will be a useful addition to the team. If the worst happens and we lose Rooney, i certainly dont think Butcher will use Tade as a direct replacement

• Agree 2

Tade, seems to be taking a slating over on P&B

As did Nakamura, Barry Ferguson and every other player. They always do that 'who's the most over-rated player in the SPL?' thread, which basically consists of naming the best players in the league, with a 'he's p1sh' reply. Inhabited by too many dunderheids, that site.

• Agree 1