FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mark Brown

Naelifts

Before this gets moved ..........this is only a nagging worry of mine!!      NOT A RUMOUR!!

What is the situation with Marks contract.?

I can't help thinking that, with Hibs much publicised (and obvious) need for a quality keeper, Mark Brown would be an obvious target for them. Tell me I'm wrong.

His contract is up in the summer of 2007.

He can sign a pre-contract agreement with another club 6 months before it ends i.e. Jan/Feb time.

The club are working hard to get him on a new deal, but as the SPL c*ckup keepers are all over the place now, there will no doubt be vultures swooping around.

At the moment, i don;t think anyone can guess what will happen. But like most other ICT fans, I am confident Mike Fraser is ready to step into Brown's shoes should he decide to leave.

... i'm not sure if Mike Fraser's contract is up in summer 2007 too though!!  :024:

I doubt very much that Michael would leave if Broonie extends his deal. Mike is young but has a very sensible head on his shoulders and knows that he still has a lot to learn. Very few keepers come of age before they reach 25 or 26 so chances are if he goes to any other SPL team he would still be second string keeper. The lad is probably on a good deal at ICT and moving to a lower division would likely mean a cut in wages. His chance will come and he knows it.

Debut start against tic at Parkhead.

nope - he made his debut in the starting lineup last season (03/05/06 V Falkirk). but agree that this is a good chance for him to shine and to be honest, I feel confident he will do well.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Really hope Broonie stays howevver I little birdie is telling me that he is yearning a move back to the central belt. A mate of mine in Fife with serious SPL conx tells me theres on front runner for his signature..... but im not going to mention it for I am a bit embarrassed case he's taking the ****.

I doubt very much that Michael would leave if Broonie extends his deal. Mike is young but has a very sensible head on his shoulders and knows that he still has a lot to learn. Very few keepers come of age before they reach 25 or 26 so chances are if he goes to any other SPL team he would still be second string keeper. The lad is probably on a good deal at ICT and moving to a lower division would likely mean a cut in wages. His chance will come and he knows it.

Don't think that Michael won't move - he's young and hungry...

Really hope Broonie stays howevver I little birdie is telling me that he is yearning a move back to the central belt. A mate of mine in Fife with serious SPL conx tells me theres on front runner for his signature..... but im not going to mention it for I am a bit embarrassed case he's taking the piss.

heard similar but don't know if there's any truth...

I think we will really miss Brown next Saturday, but I am confident for Fraser and wish him good luck as I am sure he is already looking forward to it.

If he plays well, he will deserve a place in the squad. I hope he does do well and shows Brown how he feels sitting on the bench.

It was a shame for Brown today especially with the Scotland B squad match on Wednesday.

Jono Smith at a shake off 6' is not the biggest but he has a build which would put a lot of older players to shame. He has exceptional hands and is as brave as a Gurkha. If he was 6'4'' he would be a real threat to Broonie never mind Ike!

Guest eriboll

Brown and Pearson were the two most impressive Scots listening to Radio Scotland.

Calderwood of Nottingham Forest was there looking for a good goalie but would this not be a step down. :024: