FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dunfermline v ICT: Matchday Thread

Joonya

Only saw yesterday's game on BBC Alba. Lucky to get a draw imo, but then again we were unlucky to lose last week, so it balances out I suppose. I must admit I just don't get the almost universal rubishing of Proctor this season. Admittedly, when everyone is fully fit he will be no more than a squad player, but yesterday he didn't do much wrong in the 25 mins or so he was on. Unlike Tokely who imo was the most culpable for the first two goals, and who I see dropping to the bench quite soon. Of all the new boys Tansey clearly seems to be the most promising, with Piermayr showing promise. Tade shows lots of hustle and bustle but will never be a prolific goalscorer - more of a super sub, a la Bayne as many others have said. Doran and Hayes still to turn up this season, neither seems match fit to me. But, are we down hearted? Well, yes, a bit, but trying to remain optimistic. Good that we have an easy game next week against a very mediocre Rangers.

Has anyone actually seen confirmation that Tade was offside for his tap in?

I wasn't really paying attention to Tade's position when Foran headed, as it didn't seem relevant at the time.

I haven't seen the replay, but I remember him being offside by a considerable distance. As soon as his leg hit the ball I knew the linesman would flag.

Johndo, your comments on Doran are a bit harsh, playing Ross ahead of him everyweek. Doran changed the game when he came on against Hibs when Nick Ross was doing nothing. The same thing happened yesterday but in reverse. This will happen with young players and it may be they will rotate throughout the season. Doran is definately more of a threat out wide, and a better goalscorer than Ross so maybe Ross will have to move inside.

That should be the "beauty" of this forum - different views and different perspectives. I would prefer Ross but in a more central position - with Tudor Jones in the "hole" - I feel that Ross would be the perfect partnef for Tansy. Personally I am not a fan of a rotation system and feel that we should always play the first preferred X!.

Have to agree that Doran is a better wide choice - just not sure if we can have both Hayes and Doran in the same team - and if I was harsh to Doran it was becos of his inconsistency. Disagree totally with the goalscoring bit as I witnessd in Bristol

Everyone seems to forget Hogg made loads of mistakes for us last year. I was amazed when we re-signed him. He made a mistake for all 3 goals.

Why was Alfred not playing from the start and why was Shinnie not on the bench.

Our defence has been the problem.

Comments like Djebi Tade remind me why I dont frequent this forum. Give him a chance ffs.

Edited by teaandpies

A bit controversial perhaps but why can't we stick Tansey up front until we have a settled stiker/goal scorer.

With a bit of luck he could easily have scored double the goals he has, and he gets into great positions in and around the box.

Swap positions with Tade and have the latter running at defences from deeper, any takers?

In the pocket behind McKay and Foran/Tade would be a good spot then you can get Ross and Jones sitting behind. Only problem is we will just need to get ourselves a young Ashley Cole for it to work effectively....as Tommy Van PieMire can go to RB....

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

A bit controversial perhaps but why can't we stick Tansey up front until we have a settled stiker/goal scorer.

With a bit of luck he could easily have scored double the goals he has, and he gets into great positions in and around the box.

Swap positions with Tade and have the latter running at defences from deeper, any takers?

What is Shane Sutherland ? And Djebi Tade as a marauding central midfielder ? Why dont we just stick Shane up front and let Tansey do what he does best !!

Where are yas getting all the mushrooms from ?

Having seen the highlights, I'm not sure Tade was offside at all. It's hard to tell, but he looks to be level with the defender who is next to the keeper. And you'll note that none of the Pars claimed for offside, they just dropped their heads and started their walk back for the restart.

One green dot to IHE because I totally agree that the club is to blame largely for Proctor's woes.

Why do they keep playing him in the defence when they could try him up front? I remember he was good up there when he first came here. Yet they seem to have a fetish over playing him where he does not seem to fit in.

Keep it up and they will damge Proctor. It's not right :thumbdown:

I'm quite surprised to hear so many people say Tokely had a bad game. From where I was sitting he did an excellent job of holding things together at the back whilst covering Hogg's continual blunders. Or maybe I need to see the highlights

I'm quite surprised to hear so many people say Tokely had a bad game. From where I was sitting he did an excellent job of holding things together at the back whilst covering Hogg's continual blunders. Or maybe I need to see the highlights

Your last sentence, and/or, you need to go to Specsavers

He also took the free kick a few yards closer to the goal than where the incident took place.

A free kick that was well taken but one that Esson should have had covered and he would have done had he been ready for it. Esson was still gesticulating to his wall when the whistle went for the kick to be taken and was caught totally on the wrong foot.

I went to a game on saturday that had six goals in it. Could have been a lot more. We took a point away from home. I even converted a Hun and a Hibee for the day yet I came away totally disappointed. A couple of players stood out as trying to get a game going but the rest seemed to be at sixes and sevens. Far too many mistakes were made in all areas of the park. We didnt use the wings to good effect and we pretty much just seemed lost as to what we should have been doing.

There is no one or two that can be picked out for blame. There's a whole team.