FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dunfermline v ICT: Matchday Thread

Joonya

Well I just watched the game as live on the Alba channel. I didn't even know the score before the start and deliberately all TVs and radios so I could enjoy it as if I was there (I even shouted at the TV like I would in real life!). Oh dear - not good at all. Another late goal, a defence that looks terribly weak and Tade in an ICT kit! And what happened to this supposed passing football that was going to be played this year? Hoof after hoof after hoof. There's no way that team will get top six at this rate as that performance was just not good enough. From the defence, aside from Esson, only Piermayr to me looked a good player (though Aldred looked better when he came on). What's happened to Tokely? Way off the pace yet again. All this chopping and changing at the back will do no favours. When Gillet came off, why didn't Graeme Shinnie come on? Where was Graeme Shinnie anyway?!

Tansey looked good in the middle, but Foran seriously needs to calm down. Arguing with everyone under the sun will do no-one any good whatsoever. Tade looked a right donkey too. Improvement in all corners is desperately needed.

BTW - did anyone else hear a lot of booing from the coverage? Now Tade I can understand because he's ex-Raith, but Gillet as well? What lovely people.

The hoof was the result of benching Aldred and playing Hogg and Tokely on their wrong sides - and then taking on Proctor and putting the only other defender who tries to play footbal on the deck on to his wrong foot.

Just back in now. Made full use of the bar at the stadium, although it was a bit pricey. We were all celebrating as Forans shot was about to cross the line. As soon as Tade stuck his foot out I knew the inevitable would happen! Tade was all over the place. He couldn't do a thing right. I don't no what happened to Gillet. He slumped to the deck off the ball and I don't get the Proctor sub (unless he was injured but didn't look like it).

Tansey was immense again, Jones and Doran were poor today and I thought we improved when Nick Ross came on. Was happy that Tansey ran over to the crowd when he scored his goals (albeit it took him some time to get up from the second when he was down in the goal area.) Nice touch. Not enough players been doing that recently and it helps with the atmosphere / mood of the crowd,.:twothumbsup:

Barrowman got a bit of abuse and had a poor game. My heart was in my mouth when they announced the scorer as Andy..... Kirk! All in all, we were disjointed, terrible in the first half but some good performances in the second half. We still haven't gelled and we need to gel fast or we are going to struggle. Once we gel, we will be fine.

Well I was thoroughly entertained today. A few things Terry needs to sort out, but we have the makings of a decent team there. Can't see either of these teams going down.

I was a bit disappointed in Jonesy after hearing such good things about him. Should be an immense phsical presence in the middle, but just didn't seem involved enough. Also disappointed that the Pars wing play (Cardle & Burns?) was better than ours, Hayes and Doran were wasteful far too often. Hayes doesn't seem able to beat a man any more (not fully fit?), and Doran was really ineffective. But Johnny looked very sharp to pounce for the 2nd goal.

Full marks to Tade for levels of effort and energy that put others to shame. Don't know if that will be enough though.

Oh, and Barrowman is still a waste of space. He had his chance to show us what we are missing, and certainly did that when he got the ball in a good attacking position and ran it out for a throw in.

First half was poor. Second half was decent. Well we finally got a point and 3 goals so we are improving.. Slowly. This will have given the team confidence and Nick Ross really helped, wish he'd play more. Tansey started scoring so I am hoping to see more goals from him.

A draw was a fair result.

Even though Nick Ross did well when he came on, I wonder if that is his place in the team. ICT's version of Ole Gunner Solksjaer if you will - perhaps doesn't make much of an impact when starts, but changes the game when he comes on. And that's a role that's needed in every team - the super sub.

The last thing i expected was a thrilling encounter but that truelly was one of the most end to end games ive ever seen.

We started poorly, Dunfermline looked quicker, sharper and were worthy of their lead at half time. A grilling from Tel at half time seemed to galvanise the players. Good build up for Tansey's goal, Tade winning a knock down and laying it through to him, wicked deflection but they all count and you could see the relief from the players.

Cheap 2nd goal to concede on Tokely's behalf, though id imagine he was worried about a 2nd yellow and was therfore reluctant to muscle into Kirk but it was a terrible goal to concede. Foran's header was amazing, why Tade didnt just bog off and leave it alone i dont know, maybe he is too keen to get off the mark, maybe he was keen to put one over on the pars fans who were heckling him all game but he shouldnt have done it and cost us a legitamate goal. Gallacher made a real gash of Tudur Jone's shot and Johnny was quick on hand to dispatch the equaliser which was deserved as were pressing at that point.

The final 10 minutes arrive and Tansey shows terrific bravery to get on the end of Foran's header across goal, i thought we were going to pull it off, we had showed a real hunger in the final few minutes but Chris Hogg gives away a needless free kick and as Martin Hardie was standing over the ball i just knew what would happen, terrific free kick and probably on the basis of play a fair point shared between both sides.

Why was G. Shinnie not in the squad? Proctor was thrown into the game and then hooked later on? Why??? Why not just put Aldred on in the first place? And i still think we are crying out for some pace up front, Johnny is no 2nd striker, a new striker before the window shuts or we will struggle for goals up front.

From the coverage I saw, Proctor seemed to have an ice pack on one of his thighs after being taken off. In times like that and other important moments, I wish the gaelic channel would put up English subtitles to help those who can't speak it to understand what is going on.

Just watching the replay on Alba just now and I see we have not solved our inability to take a throw in. We even import guys from Austria who would not look out of place on a youtube video for how not to take a throw in. Not one, not two, but three in a row which looked so unprofessional it is unbelievable.

Thomas, learn to take a throw in please then tell the rest of them.

ooft, deflected cross flat footed the defenders and captain Kirk had all the time in the world to pick his spot as Rossco slaps his thighs :rolleyes:

dont agree i think we can take throw ins but it isnt the thrower that is the problem, we had the same problem last season and that is the movement at throw ins if there isnt an option then wat can the thrower do. All i saw today was players walking away not giving piermayr any options

my match summary well 1st half pathetic defensively and attacking wise. Wh ydo our players not take a chance and shoot more is beyond me. Poor goal to concede even though the fans around me were admerant it was offside but that doesnt take it away from the elementary defending that occurred all match. Second half saw an improvement, on the the attacking front. Tansey scored a decent equaliser i know it took a deflection but at least he had ago. Second was sloppy again defence just looked so poor. I was surprised aldred didnt start to get some consistancy or regularity to our central defence, hogg i think will come good but was poor and was overshadowed by barrowman who couldnt even reach the ball when he was with us let alone flick it on and cause havoc. What was tade thinking is all i can say needless touch i hope he has leant that lesson after costing foran a very good goal. Hayes equaliser was from a poor mistake from Gallagher and the last was good build up play and proper football from tansey - go for it even if u are going to get taken out. The free kick was terrible on to fronts 1) hayes wtf was he trying to do when we had the ball deep in there half 2) hogg an experienced defender and he gives a free kick like that away just so poor but lets not take it away from Martin Hardie that was a peach. Overall gutted to lose 2 points at the death but relieved to get something after watching our car crash of a defence. Didnt go to motherwell saw the highights and saw how poor the defece were but was at the hibs game and saw a resonably solid defence not totally but better but this week we have gone backwards and need to sort it out PRONTO

Just watching the replay on Alba just now and I see we have not solved our inability to take a throw in. We even import guys from Austria who would not look out of place on a youtube video for how not to take a throw in. Not one, not two, but three in a row which looked so unprofessional it is unbelievable.Thomas, learn to take a throw in please then tell the rest of them.ooft, deflected cross flat footed the defenders and captain Kirk had all the time in the world to pick his spot as Rossco slaps his thighs :rolleyes:
dont agree i think we can take throw ins but it isnt the thrower that is the problem, we had the same problem last season and that is the movement at throw ins if there isnt an option then wat can the thrower do. All i saw today was players walking away not giving piermayr any options

The incident I highlighted is not uncommon for us. Piermayr, through no fault of his own, took three throw ins in succession on the left wing. Every time he went to throw the ball he stopped and looked around. now that probably is not his fault, but we have seen this for a number of years now. We might as well just give the ball to the opposition at these throw ins. Plenty sides launch a long throw in down the wing or a quick throw in to one of their own players, not us, we tend to throw it to a closely marked player or one of the opposition three yards in front of the thrower.

Time it was sorted.

I think Proctor came off because of questionable injury. :shrug:

Agree with the above, a tad harsh on Doran around here; he simply played like someone without a pre-season behind him, Nicky Ross shone after coming on but he brings something completely different to the game. Proctor actually did ok when he came on, with at least one excellent block tackle that had to be made. For the last 10 minutes he was on, he could'nt run so injury had to be the cause of his substitution. IHE - I agree with almost all of what you say, but the continual dissing of Proctor is getting a bit tedious. Anyway, the second half seemed to improve greatly with Aldred, Ross and TB reverting to a 4-3-2-1 with Tade out wide. He's a "unique" player with pace to burn, no little skill but little or no football brain. Everything's intuative - he will screw up ( yesterday's tap in) but he will score wonder goals if Foran doesn't kill him first. The saddest thing from yesterday seems to be watching Rosscoe reach the end of the line - he's getting exposed this year and it looks like a matter of time before others get fit and replace him. I hope I'm wrong. Again, the lack of understanding in the side was apparent from early on, and the more mistakes were made, the more jittery we became. Allied to the fact that Dunfermline were streets better than against St. Mirren and it wasn't a bad result, but it could have been 6-6. It's never dull, and I have no idea what will transpire next week; it could be anything.

Special thanks BTW to Judd, who chased the bus from the Caley Club to the stadium after it had left (empty) at quarter to nine! And I hope Greg Tansey's mates Paul and Jay who were on the bus after it was rounded up and pointed in the right direction enjoyed their day out - a bit different from their usual Liverpool/ Everton fare. Good craic boys.

From the coverage I saw, Proctor seemed to have an ice pack on one of his thighs after being taken off. In times like that and other important moments, I wish the gaelic channel would put up English subtitles to help those who can't speak it to understand what is going on.

I think that Proctor forgot to remove the ice pack from between his legs when he came on to the pitch.

IHE - I agree with almost all of what you say, but the continual dissing of Proctor is getting a bit tedious.

There may have been some sarcasm in there but if you look closely at my posts I feel for Proctor mainly. He is a really nice lad and he has been a good servant to the club. My concern is that he has been played mainly out of position and has continued to be played when he has clearly lost his confidence, has made some crucial goal lsing errors and simply needs to be rested - put back in as a squad player and hopefully used more as a midfield replacement. I feel that the club has to assume a lot of the responsibility for his loss of form and confidence.

• Agree 1

1st half didnt turn up 2nd half well I dont think my heart would have stood up to any more excitement. A draw was fair in the end but if Tade hadnt gone rushing in at the wrong time well we would have had 3 points instead of one. I think this season is going to be interesting to say the least. However if we can sort out the defence and find a goalscorer we'll be OK I feel.

Enjoyed my day at East End Park. Nice bar in the stadium prematch and then a fab bridie! Even would have picked up a few bob if it hadnt been for Martin Hardie.

Onward and upwards hopefully but anything could happen next week.

The critiscm of Tade for scoring is a bit harsh. Firstly, was he actually offside when Foran headed the ball and secondly, how many times do you see players dong this, ball going in and they rush in to score still. I have never, in 40 years of watching football, seen a goal given offside for this. I would also like to know the exact rules for this, as if ball was going in anyway, which it looked like it was, should this have been given offside as the referee can still award a goal and not a penalty if the ball goes in the net in a similar situation. As I also said last week, good to see linesmen can see something as specific as that but still get obvious things like throw ins, fouls etc wrong.

Some of the comments made here are again away over the top. Last week, against Hibs, goddish second half performance again but the defense was the week spot, same as yesterday. This will happen until team gels into a real unit and don't forget, a lot of the new signings have no experience of the SPL. I think Tokely deserves one more chance but if it doesn't go well, then he must be benched for a while. It must be remembered that Hogg has had little or no pre seasonso any issues should be with the management throwing him in before he was 100% ready.

Johndo, your comments on Doran are a bit harsh, playing Ross ahead of him everyweek. Doran changed the game when he came on against Hibs when Nick Ross was doing nothing. The same thing happened yesterday but in reverse. This will happen with young players and it may be they will rotate throughout the season. Doran is definately more of a threat out wide, and a better goalscorer than Ross so maybe Ross will have to move inside.