FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Talking Tactics

Dont usually have a chance to watch the game twice - sober (ish) - and I still feel that we will come good but I feel that some of the decision making of Terry and Mo were as much our downfall as the players were today.

1. Cant believe the decision to play Hogg but then even more baffled that he played Hogg and Tokely and even more baffled that he played Hogg on the rite and Tokely on the left. Hogg to me clearly wasnt match fit but I would have played Aldred from the start irrespective. At least he looks to play the ball out of defence and is more commanding in the air.

2. The "treatment" of Proctor was tantamount to being disgraceful. If his confidence wasnt shot before then it will definitely be now. He should have been rested from the off and Shinnie on the bench.

3. Why in the name of God would you give Tade a roving role in the second half. A headless chicken needs to be caged fer fecks sake. It was tantamount to playing with ten men.

4. Foran played deep in the first half with Tade up front which evidently didnt work. Foran looked more effective in the second half but had no support. Is it really not time - or past it - to give Shane Sutherland a run up front - at least until we see what a fit McKay looks like.

But there were positives - mainly the performance of Tansey and the evident togetherness on the pitch. Loved Tansey's MOM speech on Alba where he unthinkingly blamed the central defence and then did a terrible attempt at putting it rite.

• Agree 2

If I look at where our strength is, it's in the creative midfield. Both Tansey and A.Shinnie can get goals from midfield, whilst Doran and Hayes will provide. That's why I think we should be changing to a 4-1-4-1 tactic.

Jones (or Cox) will hold the defensive mid, allowing Tansey and Shinnie to get forward much more than a 4-4-2. Foran is intelligent and hard-working enough to play that role up front on his own - holding up the ball as the att mids get up.

It's fluid, it plays to our strengths and can help the back four when under the cosh by withdrawing to a 4-5-1 or a 4-3-3 if the oppositions full-backs are weak. It's a bit slower, more technical and a shorter-passing game but I think our players would prefer this.