FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team fer Aberdire

The Rangers game was the first time I have seen Tade and quite frankly he got no service in 90 mins. In the rare opportunity he got, he held the ball well and looked for opportunities. Why can't we pass out of defence? This long ball game just makes Tade the front defender becasue as soon as we get posession, we kick it long to the opposition defenders. Tudor-Jones is in the same boat. he is probably a good midfielder, trouble is we don't know because the ball sails over his head.

I don't think the players are the problem, the tactics or lack thereof are the problem.

• Agree 2

Esson

Piermayr Aldred Hogg Shinnie

Ross Shinnie Tansey

Hayes Sutherland Foran

Loooks like Tudur-Jones will be out for a few weeks and with Tokely suspended that is pretty much our only choice for defence. Doran looked so short of match fitness that I think a spell coming off the bench will do him good. Similarly Tade might be able to exploit his energy by coming on later in the game.

Esson

Piermayr Hogg Aldred* G.Shinnie

Doran Jones Tansey

Sutherland Foran Hayes

* - If Tokely's red card is appealed successfully, then he keeps his place ahead of Aldred, with Aldred taking Laing's place on the bench.

Subs - Tuffey, Ross, Tade (Super Sub), A.Shinnie, Morrison, Greig, Laing

I see many people have gone for the lone frontman. I don't think at this time ICT have anybody who could really do that role successfully - neither Tade, Foran or Sutherland are that type of player - and I can only presume that Billy McKay isn't either. I also think that Tade and Foran are two similar to start together, as they are both these battering ram type forwards that can't always be beneficial - it kind of reminds me of the Bayne/Niculae partnership that didn't really come to much. I think a 4-3-3, with Hayes moved into the front line could be the most beneficial system to use at this time.

Think I'd go for (if players remain out through injury and suspension)

- Esson -

- Piermayr - Aldred - Hogg - G. Shinnie -

- Tansey - Ross -

- Hayes - A. Shinnie - Foran -

- Sutherland -

Though if Tudor Jones remains out I'd be tempted to play Ross higher up and give Morrison a game alongside Tansey. Either/or. If he is available then play him beside Tansey and Ross up in attacking mid 3.

I've not lost faith in Tade. I just think we'll be more effectual with having someone who is more willing to be in the box in Sutherland and he offers something different. Tade does alot of running but we have that in Foran and Hayes so I think we need something else perhaps. Nothing against Tade. Will be a good option of the bench.

• Agree 1

I see many people have gone for the lone frontman. I don't think at this time ICT have anybody who could really do that role successfully

Depends how it's played. I've gone for a 5-man midfield, full of goalscorers. If I could have picked Tudur-Jones or even Proctor at the back, then I would have. Yep, possibly not the greatest of defenders but if we can pass out from the back to a midfield of ball players, we can go for the patient build-up. It's different to the old Rooney system of 4-2-3-1.

Think I'd go for (if players remain out through injury and suspension)

- Esson -

- Piermayr - Aldred - Hogg - G. Shinnie -

- Tansey - Ross -

- Hayes - A. Shinnie - Foran -

- Sutherland -

Though if Tudor Jones remains out I'd be tempted to play Ross higher up and give Morrison a game alongside Tansey. Either/or. If he is available then play him beside Tansey and Ross up in attacking mid 3.

I've not lost faith in Tade. I just think we'll be more effectual with having someone who is more willing to be in the box in Sutherland and he offers something different. Tade does alot of running but we have that in Foran and Hayes so I think we need something else perhaps. Nothing against Tade. Will be a good option of the bench.

Like the look of that formation

----------------ESSON

PIERMAYR - HOGG - ALDRED - SHINNIE

-----------TANSEY --SHINNIE A

DORAN ---------FORAN-------- HAYES

------------SUTHERLAND

Subs - Ross, Tuffers, Tade, Morrison, Greig, Laing

---------esson

piermayr hogg aldred g.shinnie

----morrison ross

---hayes tansey foran

------Sutherland

we are looking rather thin again! but still think morrison and sutherland can do a job. Sutherland is not mobile enough for the lone front man role but tansey hayes and foran can take it in turns to support him.

ESSON

HOGG --------- ALDRED

PIERMAYR----------------------------------------- G.SHINNIE

MORRISON

HAYES -------------------------------------- ROSS

TANSEY

-----------------------------FORAN

SUTHERLAND----------------------

4-1-3-1-1 CAN'T SEE IT HAPPENING THOUGH BUT WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS. HAYES AND ROSS HAVE THE ENERGY TO GET FORWARD AND BACK WHEN NEEDED AS DOES TANSEY. FORAN BEING THE LINK BETWEEN MIDFIELD AND UPFRONT.

Edited by Jeepsaw

I see many people have gone for the lone frontman. I don't think at this time ICT have anybody who could really do that role successfully - neither Tade, Foran or Sutherland are that type of player - and I can only presume that Billy McKay isn't either. I also think that Tade and Foran are two similar to start together, as they are both these battering ram type forwards that can't always be beneficial - it kind of reminds me of the Bayne/Niculae partnership that didn't really come to much. I think a 4-3-3, with Hayes moved into the front line could be the most beneficial system to use at this time.

I do agree that Tade and Foran are too similar to play as a front pairing for the same reasons. They both like to do alot of running and harrying and it seems counter productive to have both of them playing together.

However I feel Sutherland has the height and eagerness of movement to play as a lone frontman if given sufficient support from the likes of Hayes, Foran and Doran. Those 3 behind interswitching could be very interesting. Even having 2 of the 3 I just named and a good creative player like Ross, Tansey or even A.Shinnie in behind pulling the strings. Doesnt matter who a lone front man is. They need to get the support. Only then can they get a chance to be effective.

Though the only way I can see if Sutherland is going to be effective is by him getting a run though but it would be up to Terry n June if we can afford that luxury and whether he can lead the line or not. I think he deserves a chance though.