FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

TERRY'S POST MATCH COMMENT

When Hogg got sent off, Butcher shot out of the dugout like Usain Bolt out of the blocks, then proceeded to breakdance for five minutes, whilst remonstrating with the fourth official..............he was fekkin livid, LIVID LIVID LIVID :notlistening:

He should try the high jump, as he surely cleared around the nine foot mark, astonishing.

• Agree 1

When Hogg got sent off, Butcher shot out of the dugout like Usain Bolt out of the blocks, then proceeded to breakdance for five minutes, whilst remonstrating with the fourth official..............he was fekkin livid, LIVID LIVID LIVID :notlistening:

He should try the high jump, as he surely cleared around the nine foot mark, astonishing.

Sounds like he's been taking lessons from Neil Lennon , blooming hope not !

TB is not the only one talking about conspiracy theories against their team. Have you seen the quotes from Vladimir Romanov in today's Scotsman follwing the defeat to Killie last Saturday and subsequent reports of indiscipline to the SFA?

In a statement posted on the club website yesterday, Romanov branded Scottish football a soap opera ?where lead roles are played by the teams from Glasgow, the national association, league, media, referees, and the teams who agree to participate in the show?. He lambasted the state of the game in this country and cast doubt on his continued involvement with Hearts, despite his provisional plans for a new stadium.

?Entrepreneurs and various large businesses turned their backs on that sort of football and left this national heritage to the mercy of its own fate,? Romanov said. ......... ?And no one is interested in what?s going on. This is why I think that there is no point is spending millions to watch someone else?s show.? ...........

Romanov, meanwhile, signed off with a withering assessment of the Scottish game. ?We watch football degrading in its homeland,? he said. ?There are practically no high-quality Scottish players left, Scottish clubs don?t play in Europe and the national team doesn?t get into the finals of championships. Scottish football ranks alongside Armenia, Panama and Burkina Faso.?

Obviously this is all a bit of a smokescreen because of the flak Romanov has been getting over non payment of players' wages. I also think he is as much to blame for the state of the game by the way he runs Hearts and the poor PR. However, I have to agree with his comments about Scottish football being a soap opera, which was cleary demonstrated by the actions of one Crawford Allan at the TCS last Saturday.

• Agree 2

So, referees are anti Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, St Mirren, non-Old Firm and now ICT. No wonder Motherwell are second in the table. They must be getting all the decisions every other week.

Referees are crap but, besides a small fraction, not corrupt - not even Dougie McDonald if you read what actually happened.

As for Romanov - death throes of a mad empire. "there is no point is spending millions" = I have lost interest. Prepare to see both Rangers and Hearts do a Gretna. Actually, prepare to see them do an Airdrie. People get ripped off but nothing much changes. They re-apply as new clubs on their own license. Too big and important for the SPL to do anything about it.

There is certainly an element of truth in what Romanov says, but it all sounds very hollow when you consider that with the money he has been prepared to invest in Hearts, he had the opportunity to break the mould, breathe fresh life into Scottish football and end the Glasgow monopoly. Unforunately his lack of knowledge of the Scottish game coupled with being a control freak means that he has blown that opportunity. He has also contributed to the image of Scottish football as a laughing stock with some of his bizarre behaviour.

The therapy is working:

Jubilant Inverness manager Terry Butcher was stunned at his team's 6-3 win at Kilmarnock but suggested it may have emerged from an honest team talk.

Butcher said: "I don't know where that came from. We had the worst training session on Friday ever - a nightmare!

"We sat the players down and said, 'What system do you want to play?'

"They said they wanted to play as IHE and Renegade had suggested on CaleyThistleOnline. I said fine, we talked through it and it seemed to get everything out of our system."

Butcher was crestfallen after his team lost 3-2 to Motherwell last week, a game they dominated.

But, as he acknowledged, everything went right for Inverness against Kilmarnock, especially in the second half.

Dean Shiels' opener for Kilmarnock against the run of play was cancelled out by a smart goal from Andrew Shinnie before half-time.

They are a wonderful set of lads. There is not one player I don't get on with and don't want to see do well

In the second half, though, Inverness cruised to a 5-1 lead, with Jonny Hayes, Gregory Tade and two from Shinnie putting the result beyond doubt.

Shiels scored from the spot to make it 5-2 then Tade scored his second before Paul Heffernan executed a fine left-foot finish to give Killie a third goal to end the scoring.

Butcher added: "I will probably let IHE and Renegade pick the team in two weeks' time against Celtic. I think me and Maurice [Malpas, his assistant] will just go to the pub!

"They are a wonderful set of lads. There is not one player I don't get on with and don't want to see do well.

"We had a good team talk before the game today and we had a good night last night with the quiz. I never realised that IHE had been ejected eight times.

"We enjoy going away together. That's why our away form has always been good. Perhaps I'll have to ask my chairman for more overnight stays on a Friday night and pay fer IHE to travel. His mere presence and personna lifted the team and the support. Can that boy Conga or what."

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Marks - There must be a touch of the seer about you as this is an incedible coincidence. In the early 1900's I was living in Queensland and an Australian poet called WT Goodge immortalised my taming of the Oozlum bird in verse. Here is the conclusion of that epic popem:

So he sadddled up the Oozlum

Rose some miles above the plain

Let the earth turn underneath him

Till he spotted Craig Dunain

Then came down and walked up through Dalneigh

Got a Caley scarf from me

Rose again and reached the Howden End

Just as easy as could be.

But,says I,if you went westward

Just as simple as you say

How did you get back - he answered

Oh I came the other way

So in six and twenty hours

Take the yarn for what its worth

Johndo MacKenzie and the Oozlum

Had been all around the earth

Its a curious bird the Oozlum

And like Johndo mighty wise

For it always flies tail first

To keep the dust out of its eyes

And I hear that since MacKenzie

Did that famous record ride

They wont let a man get near them

Couldnt catch one if we tried

If you dont believe the story

And some people dont yer know

Well the blinking map'll prove it

"Strike me down if not" said our Johndo

Look along the Queensland Border

On the South Australian side

Theres this town christened Birdsville

Cause of Johndo macKenzie's ride

:tongueincheek:

• Agree 2

My broker tells me that shares in Auchterarder Chippie plc have bounced back, having lost 90% of their value in the previous 10 months.

There's an interview quote from their Managing Director Bob Haddock in today's Financial Times, saying "Things are looking up at last, now that my biggest customer has finally come back. They even lent me a big French lad to help out behind the counter on Saturday evening. At first I thought he was a bit of a liability, and there was an unfortunate mix-up between "poisson" and "poison". But the lad works very hard and he certainly knows how to dispense a professional battering".

• Agree 1

My broker tells me that shares in Auchterarder Chippie plc have bounced back, having lost 90% of their value in the previous 10 months.

There's an interview quote from their Managing Director Bob Haddock in today's Financial Times, saying "Things are looking up at last, now that my biggest customer has finally come back. They even lent me a big French lad to help out behind the counter on Saturday evening. At first I thought he was a bit of a liability, and there was an unfortunate mix-up between "poisson" and "poison". But the lad works very hard and he certainly knows how to dispense a professional battering".

:rotflmao:

Clearly IHE there are some folks on here who do not appreciate your obvious talents. And some who grudgingly do but won't admit it. :lol:

One thing is for sure--if you ever die on us, this Forum will be the loser. Even if I die meself before you, and go into the spirit world, I intend to keep checking in until you follow me and we meet up FOREVER. LOL

In a word, ebullient.

Meaning "full of beans" - but that connotation may result in some emissions of questionable value--from your negative fans on here, IHE , not you! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Marks - There must be a touch of the seer about you as this is an incedible coincidence. In the early 1900's I was living in Queensland and an Australian poet called WT Goodge immortalised my taming of the Oozlum bird in verse. Here is the conclusion of that epic popem:

So he sadddled up the Oozlum

Rose some miles above the plain

Let the earth turn underneath him

Till he spotted Craig Dunain

Then came down and walked up through Dalneigh

Got a Caley scarf from me

Rose again and reached the Howden End

Just as easy as could be.

But,says I,if you went westward

Just as simple as you say

How did you get back - he answered

Oh I came the other way