FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Officials Today

davieB

I'm not normally one to comment on a refs performance. Bad decisions probably even themselves out over the season.

BUT THAT REF, AND HIS OFFICIALS, TODAY WERE THE WORST I'VE SEEN FOR A LOOOOOOONG TIME :008: :008: :008:

They were truly shocking. Yellows were produced automatically for anything that closely resembled physical contact. And how come we were flagged offside approximately 2000 times while they seemed to time their runs perfectly EVERYTIME???

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Arab4Ever

It was definatly in the 1st half as Stillie was defending the goal near the East Stand.

Basically the ball was passed back to Stillie and Black chased after it. Stillie caught it but Black kept going and jumped in the air towards Stillie with his leg stretched and studs showing. He didnt make contact and I dont think he really planned to but should he have mistimed it he would have kicked Stillie pretty hard in the chest.

The referee was a disgrace though and he was even attracting some boos from Utd fans when he gave us a freekick that should never have been. I guess at least it was consisent and he wasnt picking on one team.

It was definatly in the 1st half as Stillie was defending the goal near the East Stand.

Basically the ball was passed back to Stillie and Black chased after it. Stillie caught it but Black kept going and jumped in the air towards Stillie with his leg stretched and studs showing. He didnt make contact and I dont think he really planned to but should he have mistimed it he would have kicked Stillie pretty hard in the chest.

The referee was a disgrace though and he was even attracting some boos from Utd fans when he gave us a freekick that should never have been. I guess at least it was consisent and he wasnt picking on one team.

So you're claiming Black should have been sent off for a foul he never even committed?  :015:

Dougal was mince though - fully agree with that. Given that he started carding people after about 4 seconds I am amazed there were 22 players on the pitch at the end.

Guest Arab4Ever

No. He did commit an offence. It was dangerous play, he retracted his foot just before he kicked Stillie in the chest. If he mistimed it then he would have kicked Stillie and could have caused injury.

Guest Arab4Ever

"However if he did not retract his foot and had mistimed it then yes"

He put the foot up after Stillie had already caught it, he was just putting himself about and trying to be intimidating.

Guest Arab4Ever

Look if Barry Robson ran towards Brown (who had the ball in his hands), jumped up with his leg stretched and studs showing and narrowly avoided kicking him in the chest, I severly doubt your reaction would be the same :014:

A red would maybe have been harsh (looking at above scenario, if it was the other way around) but it was certainly a yellow card offence. The linesmen pointed an accusing finger but the referee didnt see it which is lucky for Black.

Guest Arab4Ever

But you said he never made contact and had also retracted his foot anyway suggesting that Black was doing everything possible to avoid fouling Stillie?

He never made contact and he did retract his foot but thats only after putting the foot up after Stillie had the ball in both hands - Black was running, saw Stillie catch ball and then put his foot up. You do know its ilegal to challenge the keeper when he has the ball in two hands??

So your saying he should have been sent off (or at least booked) because he might have made contact if he left his foot up. :015: :015: :015:

It's quite blatant that Black did what he did to see if Stillie would whimp out of it, he didn't and the game continued

I don't think "pretending to foul" is an offence in football :015: :015: :015:

Guest Arab4Ever

I never said or implied that there was a foul, I said it was an offence. And either way it was unsporting.

Perhaps you will see the incident on Scotsport for yourself, then you can judge it for yourself. I cant really be bothered argueing this much longer though. At the end of the day my team won, Stillie isnt injured and Black didnt sign for Utd so I am happy all round and the incident doesnt really bother me too much. Perhaps also I will see the Robson elbow (which i missed) and then I too can judge it for myself (I bet if I do see it, it is not as bad as described).

Guest Arab4Ever

So your saying he should have been sent off (or at least booked) because he might have made contact if he left his foot up. :015: :015: :015:

Yes well done, thats what I'm saying. It was dangerous play, IF he did make contact it could have been a bad injury for Stillie. No contact was made and therefor not a foul but dangerous play all the same.

Guest Arab4Ever

I could easily be immature like you and slag you and your team off but I am trying to keep this to football.

I think Blacks disciplinary record speaks for itself.

And of course I am biased but so are you.