FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rebuild this Summer or Not?

Guest Mahonio

I think the current squad is fine and all we need is three things, a striker, a centre forward and a goal scorer.

And if we can't manage that we could always follow the example of the FC Magdeburg fans who felt the need to show their misfiring forwards where the goal is!

Ao_cm5NCQAEOD0Y.jpg

Brilliant!! Can we get bigger arrows?!

Players to get rid off in red, players to keep in blue.

Name / Rank /10

Aldred, Tom

Not featured

What has happened to Tom Aldred anyway? Is he injured?

Went in a huff and packed his bags because TB realised he had got a stinker of a player.

Didn't expect to get such a quick bite there! You almost broke my rod! :lol:

• Agree 1

The turning point in the season came when proctor was introduced back into the central defence after injury and two commanding performances saw two clean sheets against Hearts and St Mirren (The only clean sheets of the season). These two teams were in good form at the time. He's played a pivitol role this season as usual, most of the fans appreciate him, its just a few on this forum that don't. He has always bailed the team out, just as he did when he was introduced back into the team, along with duncan and rooney in the first division (he scored that day against raith rovers as well) and the team went on the unbeaten run and won the title.

• Agree 1

The turning point in the season came when proctor was introduced back into the central defence after injury and two commanding performances saw two clean sheets against Hearts and St Mirren (The only clean sheets of the season). These two teams were in good form at the time. He's played a pivitol role this season as usual, most of the fans appreciate him, its just a few on this forum that don't. He has always bailed the team out, just as he did when he was introduced back into the team, along with duncan and rooney in the first division (he scored that day against raith rovers as well) and the team went on the unbeaten run and won the title.

:lol:

• Agree 2

I just joined after reading that. I think Proctor is badly under-rated by the fans.

Remember the huns at home in February? They destroyed Meekings 1st half,

Procs came on for the second and was our best player, stopped it being a real battering.

• Agree 2

I've always said Proctor would be ideal as a defensive midfielder or sweeper. He doesn't have the strength for central defence or the pace for anything other than a very defensive full-back. When Butcher came in, Proc was at right-midfield. He proved he had the ability for the midfield but not the pace. Get Foran up the park and play Proc there. He deserves a chance.

I just joined after reading that. I think Proctor is badly under-rated by the fans.

Remember the huns at home in February? They destroyed Meekings 1st half,

Procs came on for the second and was our best player, stopped it being a real battering.

Spot on. Good first post.

I'm afraid I have to disagree about Proctor, I just don't see it and everytime I see him play I have no confidence in him at all and certainly not as a defender. His positional play is terrible and at right back often gets caught too far inside and more often than not gives wingers/attackers far too much room, he can't read the game quickly enough to get into the correct positions either, he can't pick a pass and panics and hoofs it long, where do you want me to stop.

At the moment we don't have any stand out defenders unfortunately and I just don't see where he fits into it to make it any better.

I still fimrly believe and have been saying since last season that the only reason TB has kept him is because he was still in contract and has had various injuries when the transfer windows have been open. I very much doubt he'll be offered a new contract

He wouldn't be my first choice either but he was excellent in the 2nd half against Rangers. Whilst he does get caught from time to time, he is usually pretty solid and always gives 100%. He does a lot of quietly efficient work which goes un-noticed by many whilst the occasional slips are, unfortunately always noted and commented on. He can play in a number of positions and is a good player to have on the bench. He's a good squad player and I for one would be happy to see him stay.

Lovely lad and will ALWAYS be a worthy squad player as he can drop in to a variety of positions and roles. His main problem is that he is prone to having those 2-3 lapses in concentration during a game and - for whatever reason - he appears to be punished far more than most - and his mistakes are seized on as it has become part of the Proctor profile for a lot of fans. I too agree that his best position would be as a holding central midfielder but - hey ho - he has never been afforded the opportunity to play himself in such a position.

It begs the question which I would love to hear his personal response - "Which position to you feel the most confident and comfortable in ?"

Guest Mahonio

I see that Steven Pressley says he is "resigned to losing Mark Millar in the Summer" so is he a player that could do a job for us next season?

I don't usually talk about players who are contracted to other clubs but did want to gauge what peoples opinions are, by the way, i'm not sure if he's out of contract or whether SP expects a club to bid for him.