FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Euro 2012

Starts friday.

Nice to note England have already made their excuse for not doing well this time. It was the gaffers fault for dropping Ferdinand.

Looking forward to some good matches over the next few weeks and I predict a Spain v Germany final with the Germans winning it.

England haven't been as hyped up as in recent tournaments and the 'we're going to win it' attitude doesn't appear to be there.

I'll take the Dutch to lift the trophy.

England haven't been as hyped up as in recent tournaments and the 'we're going to win it' attitude doesn't appear to be there.

I'll take the Dutch to lift the trophy.

Yep, I'd go with that!

deutsh, or the french for me.

the lastest branch of french talent is small, quick, and penetrative (not unlike a former french president), but they can defend aswell.

the deutsch, have a group of technically gifted superstars, and are in my mind favourites.

vive espana, theyll miss david villa and the only reason they arnt in my top two is because i watch them struggle against the chinese a few days ago. although they lit up when torres came on and demolished the united states when he was on from the start. torres will be key for them if they are to challenge, they need him on top form

I hear that some of the England squad are visiting Auschwitz to pay their respects etc. I take it the powers that be didn't watch the Panorama programme last week where is showed the Polish fans hatred of the Jews. Talk about putting the cat amongst the pigeons.

Edited by Gringo

I think France will do well this year, had a very strong qualifying run and Blanc has got a strong team spirit back after the shambles that Domenech presided over.

I think France, Holland or Germany for winners. Think spain will maybe make semis but i think their spell of domination may be over

No doubt they are beating England when it comes to real results... just hope Englan will have that "we're going to win" attitude again. I agree, Germany and France FTW.

Not a bad start to the tournament at all.

First game i expected Poland to win it, or rather Dortmund to win it as Polands 3 most influencial players play for them. They started very brightly and after 30 mins i thought they were comfortably looking like qualifying. 2nd half and everything changed, Greece down to 10 men after 2 crazy yellow cards but they never gave up and after getting the equaliser actually looked the better side. Unlucky to miss a penalty to win the match.

2nd game i expected Russia to comfortably win it and they did, 4-1! I have high hopes for Russia in this tournament and i can see them doing well. Not 100% sure how the next stage pans out so not sure who they will end up against but i if they continue to do well and win their group they might be a good shout at the bookies for a quarter final upset.

I'm on a bus just now so missing the Dutch game. Wasn't that opening ceremony a load of shyte? Why do they bother? Surely a different demographic - I can't imagine anybody going to a game as a fan and wanting to sit through that garbage.

IT SHOULDA BEEN US GETTING DONE BY THE RUSSIANS WE DESERVED THAT BEATING.damn you blom, damn you diving czechs, and damn you mcmanus!! :swear:

we might sneak into euro 2016 seeing as there's gonna be 8 more teams in it!

We should be there now :crying:

Have we not put in to host the compitition with Eire and Wales. On our showing against the USofA It might be a blessing we are at home.

Im more squeeky bum about Englandshire doing well than us not doing well next season. Thought the French would do us a favor today, but now its on to supporting Sweden, not something going down well with the Danish side of my family!

What a fab tournament. The much touted Dutch are crap. The Poles came roaring back and were unlucky to only draw with Russia. Well done Engalnd.......an exciting clash with the Swedes (did Wellbeck mean it?). Incredible weather. The French are winning nothing . Hats off to the Germans......very classy. the Irish........well......... The italians can't help playing like Italians when they hit the front. Spain for me......surely the team to beat........so pleased for Torres but he still does not look confident. So many pundits reckon that the Spanish are sussed and over the hill........we'll see.

And racism? Well the only racism I have seen is at my work with a universal hatred of all things English. Of course the arrogance of the English media has grated for so long now but, lets be fair........it has not been like it this time round. Enjoying Jim Beglin.

Yep. One of the best tournaments I can remember. No yawnfest.........all action frm the outset. Long may it continue.

After the dismal football in the last World Cup, this tournament has been really good so far, the best for a long time.

The Spain side of recent years has been the best football team the world has ever known. With Villa (their all time top scorer) out injured they have lost a bit upfront, which gives other teams a slight chance. Still favourites in my book, but I really like the look of Germany too.