terry butcher supported on rfc media

ranger

good evening,

there was an good bit of support this evening for terry butcher on the bears den forum of the rangers media.the post under the heading terry butcher received 6000 hits and there were roughly 100 replies.

somebody had had a right go at terry for his statement on caleys transfer budget and how it has been affected by the actions of a couple of former rangers directors.i.e muurray and whyte.

however there is still a tremendous amount of goodwill towards terry at rangers for all his acheivments as a rangers captain and in his managerial career at motherwell and caley

terry received a good bit of support as well as negative comments.here are a few of the positives

snapback.pngcopland78, on 15 July 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Its hardly a bad statement.

Not paying our tax was a crime, thats not an opinion, thats the law.

So because of this we are in div 3 and it has affected his budget.

gersfan1872

I dont see why this makes him anti rangers?

terry should have chosen his words much more carefully. i believe he was heavily pressured into making this statement by the inverness board

i do not agree with your thinking on the tax situation but i am really upset at the reaction to terry by some on this forum

blackmanredemption

Disappointed in him, aye... But he is manager of another club. Would you expect him just to pander to us as an ex-player? Surely his will to win and do his best for his own team is what made him a great Rangers player?

My memory will always be that header at ****todire in 1987... and the way no-one could subdue him as he celebrated. Great moment. Souness was well relieved too!

Fantastic season to get into fitba'! Many more to come from the Gers too.

Let's concentrate on our current staff. From that same team of 1986/87, we have true Scots Gers like Ally and Durrant willing to stay at the club. What more could we want?

snapback.pngianbear007, on 15 July 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

you all seem to to forget that big terry was of great assistance to us winning the league on two occasions.what he said here was dead wrong but for goodness sake can we stop having a go at our former players.

one extremely dodgy and misguided statement and we all pile in like a ton of bricks.

i will probably end up with a dozen negative reps for this post but i could not give a fork i am fed up with this nonsense angry.gif

ibroxforever

Yes Butch has opened his mouth before engaging his brain here but where is all these insults coming from?

Yes he should have worded his comments better but he was probably only saying what his fans want to hear, after all isn’t that what Super and Greene are doing ???

Firstly Bomber got verbally attacked on here for trying to do his best for the club, then we had Walter attacked for defending the exodus of players, and now we`re attacking our ex captain for saying only what either he feels or feels needs to say for his own clubs fans.

We can be an ungrateful bunch of newco's at times.

Oh and before the insults come flying, I’m in here to at least put another opinion on matters and not follow like sheep.

Edited by tm4tj
removing colourful content