FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dunfermline V ICT - matchday thread

Scotty

How on earth can we go from scoring 3 and playing fantastic, to being involved in a dire 0-0 draw with, by far, the worst team in the league?

I'm off to the match on Wednesday, and I can see us actually being embarrased on Setanta by Rangers.

Having just seen the highlights (it didn't take long!) Crawford was actually unlucky with his 2nd yellow. From where we were it looked a bad, late lunge on Hastings, but Crawford had actually slipped and took him down accidentally.

The Pars fans enjoyed that bit though, it's always more satisfying to blame the ref rather than accept that your team is p1sh.

A draw was the minimum required and we succeeded there.  We have kept the biggest aid to keeping us in the SPL at arms length. We kept a clean sheet and never had anyone sent off.  All the other teams around us apart from Well lost out, and their goal difference is much worse.  All in all, a satisfactory day, if not aesthetically pleasing.

The proverbial six pointer fizzled out, but we must be happier than the Pars with the result.

we must be happier than the Pars with the result.

completely disagree. we dropped two points against a side who virtually every other set of supporters have claimed to be the worst team in the SPL this season by a mile. By the sound of the commentary, we were not much better (or any better ?) than the Pars and I see absolutely no positives from today's result.

I completely disagree with you Scotty.

The distance is making your brain go puggled. Why should they be happier than us, they did not gain any ground on us and they were in front of their own fans, we on the other hand kept them to a minimum. They have been the worst team to visit us by a mile. The future is bright, Charlie will get a knighthood for this.

Its a fact that we are now looking at avoiding relegation instead of looking at a maybe top 6 place, this scenario breeds nervous football, so get used to it from now on in.

Was Dargo suspended today or injured?

Anyway 3 points against the Huns will go down very well... (cough,cough)  :006:

Time for a lot of ICT folk to waken up now - we are no better than Dunfermline or any of the teams below or around us. We are very much in a relegation fight that has a lot of twists and turns to take yet.

Remember, it took the worst goal ever scored at the TCS to actually beat Dunfermline a few months ago and today we were dreadful. Worse than Tannadump.

Was MacAllister playing? The subs were baffling to say the least and our midfield had no organisation again whatsoever except Black who seemed to know roughly what position and what his job was.

Nothing of interest to talk about football wise during that game but the referee was pish. Very much pro ICT but the following decisions stuck out:

1st half - challenge by Tokely on a Pars guy running through. Looked a good challenge to me but Santa will confirm or disprove that.

2nd half - Crawford sent off. 2 yellows in the space of 2 minutes I think. Not sure what the first was but God knows why he arrived some 5 days late to flatten **** and thus receive a meritted 2nd yellow.

Stramash 1 - ICT player (Black?) fouled. Muirhead reacts by shoving Black (BBC say Wilson?) in the face and sends him sprawling to the ground. Black booked - no action for Muirhead!

Stramash 2 - Black and Pars player wrestle for ball. Both fall over and the entire (and I mean it!) Dunfermline team surround Black including the keeper who has run 50 yards to get involved. All three booked (Black, Pars keeper and Pars player Black tussled with).

Blacks Subbing - poor show. He was obviously annoyed with the decisions that had gone against him this afternoon but his reaction was very poor. Then again if you were being subbed for Russell Duncan and had been arguably one of your sides best players I'd be a bit annoyed!  :015:

Rangers will thump us next week.

I disagree with Scotty, too.....

The pars weren't all that bad today.... There are signs of improvement from them with their new management team....  

They made life difficult for us today and probably just about deserved a point.

Everbody was talking this game up as a six pointer...... The St Mirren game will be more like a six pointer, which could leave them and the pars to fight for SPL survival...

If Dods, our best player by a country mile, sticks it out with us till the end of the season, we should have no relegation fears, and could still be looking to finish within the top six, or pretty dam close....

HE WILL BE A VERY HARD ACT TO REPLACE.....

Quote from Rig :

Blacks Subbing - poor show. He was obviously annoyed with the decisions that had gone against him this afternoon but his reaction was very poor. Then again if you were being subbed for Russell Duncan and had been arguably one of your sides best players I'd be a bit annoyed!

I agree... I would have kept him on... even running the risk of him collecting another yellow card, then sent off....  Unfortunately today, he was a one man band in the midfield.. but you can't fault the guy for the effort and comittment he produces week in, week out..... :022:

Thought that was the worst away display that I have ever witnessed. NO passion, NO togetherness, LITTLE passing and NO movement.

BROWN  :015: :015: :015: Nowt to do really

TOKELY  :015: :015: :015:  Got MOM in the News of the Screws  :010: Had an absolute mare of a first half hour. A shadow of last year.

DODS  :015: :015: :015: :015: The perfect foil fer the experienced Hamilton and Crawford.

MUNRO  :015: :015: :015: Steady but feckin totally frustrates with his wont to launch everything.

HASTINGS  :015: :015: :015: :015: Excellent game and took on yon towering Bambi or the actor from the Green Mile.

WILSON  :015: :015: :015: :015: Needs to stick to the wing where he is more effective

BLACK  :015: :015: :015: :015: My MOM. The only class player on display.

McBAIN  :015: :015: :015: Defensive solid but got more bleeds than Dods going forward

RANKIN  :015: :015: :015: If only he would try and take people on.

RORY  :015: :015: :015: Good target player and held the ball well. But he is more of a Bayne than a Brewster.

DENZIL  :015: :015: Made some good runs but never feckin spotted. Rory was too intent on holding on than feeding on.

RIG- 1st stramash. Barry got involved with Muirhead (11) right under the main stand. Muirhead pushes Barry who falls over the player on the ground, like what you used to do to people in the playground. Only Barry gets booked, never saw the start of it so don't know why. I actually thought Muirhead got booked later on, but the BBC site has only 5 bookings.