FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is Draper a Diver?

Renegade

Precisely - how can anybody deem that a clearly shaky, disorientated, confused and intoxicated weegie heroin addict with a stolen mobile phone provides concrete and reliable evidence. The only relation to concrete is the Paisley underpass where he should be buried.

It has nothing to do with the fact that the video evidence is suspect or whether or not the SFA will or can take any further action, it is obvious that the ST Mirren Striker (Guy) merely "taps" the ball out of Draper'd hand and he goes down as if he were shot. If it was a player from another team then the majority on here would be calling for an endless ban due to simulation. Draper needs to get his act together or he may become a marked man for both players and Refs.

Wow one incident and he needs to get his act together?

He was brilliant on saturday and tbh don't care what happened guy was in the wrong so he got sent off, the one thing I always say when something like this happens for or against us is that it's the way of the game these days, was it gamesmanship or is he just playing the game? Don't blame the player blame the game.

It has nothing to do with the fact that the video evidence is suspect or whether or not the SFA will or can take any further action, it is obvious that the ST Mirren Striker (Guy) merely "taps" the ball out of Draper'd hand and he goes down as if he were shot. If it was a player from another team then the majority on here would be calling for an endless ban due to simulation. Draper needs to get his act together or he may become a marked man for both players and Refs.

Totally disagree with this. I have only seen the TV highlights, and the mobile phone evidence. From the TV highlights, the situation is not captured and it is impossible to say from the mobile phone footage exactly what happened or how serious this was. What i will say is that from the TV highlights, the referee was in a good spot and was clearly looking at the incident so he saw what happened and made his decision. He was also not very far from the incident, ceratinly a lot closer than any of us or the fan using the phone.

The sending off was probably harsh but that is down to the referees decision, not our player. If the referee thought our player had simulated this act, he could have booked him and not sent the St Mirren player off. If our player did make the actual incident look worse, and I don't believe it was done to get a player sent off, then shame on him but hopefully he will learn from this.

We have suffered, especially last season from horrendous refereeing decisons and this incident, I would suggest says more about the quality of refereeing than anything else, so maybe we are due a bit of luck/justice from referees. It amy also be aprt of becoming more streetwise as a team, possibly because some of the new signings are older and more experienced, which was also badly needed last season. At times we are simply too nice a team.

It is only obvious to whingeing Midden bestards and righteous dickheads. The bottom line is that there is NO conclusive evidence.

My tuppenceworth

• Guy raised his hands to Draper and ref was watching. Ref had no hesitation and the player didnt protest so that tells me more than any debate we might have !
  • There is some debate in the thread as to whether it was 'violent conduct' or not .. really its irrelevant and just semantics. you raise your hands to another player and that falls within the definition. You dont need to cripple a player for it to be classed as violent conduct.
  • The sending off may be harsh, but this ref had already issued more cards than most people do at Xmas so no surprise for him to pull out another ... you have just been through 90 minutes of that bullshit, so the player was stupid to draw the card in that manner.
  • The mobile phone video evidence is inconclusive, and it wont be shown on any official highlight reel as it may be classed as 'controversial' but eye witness accounts from St Mirren fans posted above seem to support the notion that the red was deserved, or at least a yellow. the colour of the card is down to the ref.
  • Draper went down and stayed down. Based on what I saw in the clip, and the assertion from some that he got a (possibly accidental) closed fist in the eye after the ball was thrown towards his face, its not unusual. He was blindsided by the player from behind, got a ball in the face then a poke in the eye to boot ... most of us would go down purely because it caught us unawares and a poke in the eye isnt pleasant.

Conclusion .... Draper - not a diver, Guy - dickhead. case closed :lol:

• Agree 5

He looks like Rab C Drper now with that bandage on his head. I thought he had a good game today.

Was Raven who got bandaged was it not? Couldn't hear the crowd from behind the glass....but really hope we had some chants of "Only 2 Terry Butchers"

He looks like Rab C Drper now with that bandage on his head. I thought he had a good game today.

Was Raven who got bandaged was it not? Couldn't hear the crowd from behind the glass....but really hope we had some chants of "Only 2 Terry Butchers"

Chants?????? At TCS?????? Fekk me I heard someone being told to shoosh for breathing loudly