FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V Rangers - matchday thread

Scotty

A quite astonishing evening.  ICT fans have put up with some pretty awful stuff lately but we can have no complaints tonight.

This was less a case of Rangers playing badly and more one of Caley Thistle playing really well.  For all the pretty patterns the Gers wove around the park they could not unlock the ICT defence and I don't believe I have seen Grant Munro play better.  It was an absorbing game throughout and no Caley Thistle fan who was there will forget it.

Funniest moment was Charlie Adam losing the head with Sebo (EEE AW) in the last few minutes after he was slow to get up after a challenge.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phenominal night. That really was fantastic.

Some great performances out there. Bayne and Wyness up front were great. Blackie and John Rankin were top drawer. In fact everyone of the boys deserves a mention.

Delighted for CC, hopefully he'll get a bit of piece now  :001:

No no no, it was not a brilliant performance, Rangers were rubbish..............well according to Le Goon and the Daily Record. :019:

28 December 2006

PLG: WE'RE RANK ROTTEN

By James Traynor

PAUL LE GUEN launched an attack on his Rangers players last night just minutes after they had slumped to yet another embarrassing defeat.

The Ibrox side were beaten for the second time in just over two months by Inverness Caley Thistle, the SPL's smallest club, and the Frenchman's anger was matched only by his disgust.

This was easily Rangers' worst performance of the season. They were abysmal and Le Guen was stuck for words to explain his team's return to the dark days.

Nacho Novo gave them the lead from the penalty spot, but Darren Dods and John Rankin scored two great goals plunging Le Guen and Rangers' fans into the depths of despair.

Le Guen made it clear that his patience with his under-achievers, such as Filip Sebo, has all but run out.

Struggling to contain his anger after the 2-1 defeat he couldn't even find any comfort in a remarkable performance by keeper Allan McGregor.

Instead the agony of watching his players fail to match their opponents' desire was too painful. He said: "I don't know if this was the poorest we have played but it was not one of the best. I am unhappy with the entire team."

However, having paid £1.8m for Sebo, Le Guen is very angry with the Slovak. But he said: 'I don't want to single anyone out but some have not made the most of their chances."

Asked if he would be rushing into the transfer market when the window opens next week he said: "There would be no point in signing players just for the sake of it. They would have to be better."

Perhaps someone had better tell him there are better players than some of his running around on local playing fields.

Inverness boss Charlie Christie couldn't speak highly enough of his team. He said: "This is a bigger achievement than winning at Ibrox.

"I'm just glad we were able to put on a performance like this with the television cameras present."

Guest PaulieBee

What a time to pull a performance like that out of the bag.

It was also nice spot the amount of people that stayed in their seats when Rakin's wondergoal hit the back of the net.

Every player rightly deseves a lot of praise.

Well Done!!!

Now can we have more of the same on Saturday and Monday please.

amazing thats what ict  were tonight every player played there part couldnt believe the change in the team hope we can now go on a run league and cup well done to everyone at the club and the supporters as well it was a pleasure to be there and feel a part rankin what a goal worthy of winning any match  :021: :021: :022: :022: :023: :023: :025: :005: :005: :005:

What a great result....said to my uncle with about 20 minutes to go i had strange feeling that we would win this game at the deaf. Does this bring renewed hope for a much better football new year. Was in Exmouth drinking kept updated by Txt and managed to get the Daily Record in WHS next day great pick on back page Rankin turning away from goal after scoring Hastings arms out as close as a picture can come to portraying the winning feeling atmosphere.....great stuff and one to savour for all of you lucky enough to be there.