FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Danny Devine

Big G

Think Steve Marsella is the one we need to look after. If he goes then there is a fear that we will quickly become Ross County or worse. I calculate that since he arrived as chief scout and goalkeeping coach he has scouted 10 players out of our recent starting 11's. Only Richie Foran was here when he arrived.

Don't fret - I will continue to act in a consultancy role and can take over if necessitated !!

:notworthy:         :notworthy:       :notworthy:

Interesting (and perhaps somewhat encouraging) to hear that this might not be the only new signing in this transfer window according to Butcher in his interview last week.  In all positions, I'd say that there's cover all over the pitch, even with players ready to step up the mark if the likes of McKay et al were to get injured.  The only area I would say that some cover is needed (and this is where the Arsenal link might come in handy) is at left back.  With the loss of Brislen-Hall and the punting of Blackman, you've got to wonder what would happen if Graeme Shinnie at left-back.  Warren can apparently play anywhere across the defence, but I think something would be lost if he wasn't in the centre.  I don't think I'd fancy seeing Raven or Meekings drafted in there.  Simon King may be option as he's left footed but he seems to have disappeared into thin air!

All in all, I think a back-up left back is needed.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Interesting (and perhaps somewhat encouraging) to hear that this might not be the only new signing in this transfer window according to Butcher in his interview last week.  In all positions, I'd say that there's cover all over the pitch, even with players ready to step up the mark if the likes of McKay et al were to get injured.  The only area I would say that some cover is needed (and this is where the Arsenal link might come in handy) is at left back.  With the loss of Brislen-Hall and the punting of Blackman, you've got to wonder what would happen if Graeme Shinnie at left-back.  Warren can apparently play anywhere across the defence, but I think something would be lost if he wasn't in the centre.  I don't think I'd fancy seeing Raven or Meekings drafted in there.  Simon King may be option as he's left footed but he seems to have disappeared into thin air!

All in all, I think a back-up left back is needed.

King is still recovering from injury.