FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The weather now and prospects for tomorrow's game being on

Row S

It is absolutely teeming down here in Sneck at present.  Hopefully our pitch won't prove to be a problem and the water will be able to drain away in time for the game tomorrow.  There are also problems on the roads further south, which again should hopefully not exist by this time tomorrow.

The forecast is horrendous for the next 24 hours..... It might make sense to call it off later today...

I would hate to make the trip from Paisley tomorrow and find it called off at the last minute.....

I know there will be a few already on their way here with some kind of daft notion that hogmanay's in Sneck are something special.....!!

From another point of view, we were going to go away for new year, but stayed at home so that we didn't miss the game.  I'll not be happy if it's off.  Means I'm working hogmanay nightshift rather than partying somewhere for nothing.  :008: :008:

It's not often we have a game called off and it's not frosty or anything so I would expect it to go ahead, but under fairly horrendous conditions.

Guest eriboll

The weather on the north coast is lovely, pity I'll have to travel down tomorrow with gloves and hat at the ready.

Still let's hope that the new year brings some good fortune for CC and the team and we start as we all hope to :021:

Row S - I note with interest the time of your original post. At the time in question, I happened to be out running and had just reached Scaniport when the rain descended big time. I can therefore confirm it was very wet. It seems that the pitch takes about 5 hours to clear significant wetness and Laura... don't worry too much about the wind. that will actually help a huge amount to dry things up.

Glad you're having nice weather on the North Coast. I suppose most of the time it's "'eriboll"!