FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V St Mirren - matchday thread

Scotty

Were St. Mirren in Inverness until about 16:30? I certainly didn't see much of them. We should have had that game won ages ago and we were holding on at the end. World class save from Brown to make sure we kept the three points which were deserved on the whole. The main thing is we won.

Good goals from Wyness and Bayne and we had some great chances to finish Mirren off long before they got a goal back. I think the entire team should be made to do extra training for letting Broadfoot score.

Wyness, Rankin, Wilson and Dods were all good performers I felt today and Brown as well, having done so little for most of the game, had to be on top form at the end.

Alan Freeland was a complete tit as per usual when he referees an ICT game but that is to be expected.

Should have won this comfortably and not ended up in a complete state of panic at the end.... also the radio guys reckon Barry's handball was well inside the box....

Thank god for MB's brilliant save at end...  :022:

Falkirk's win (without Stokes) at Dundee Utd (with 11 men) doesn't make our game with them look quite so bad now... does it?  :003:

Well that game is consigned to history because we now have to start working very hard for the Stirling game. Stirling have been on a great run recently - 10 straight wins - so with our stuttering Cup form it's time for real graft over 90 minutes.

Lose that and we have Aberdeen, Hibs and Celtic. Time for Denzil and Dargo to start scoring regularly and Bayne to find the net more regularly.

To rerun the old cliche, this was a game of two halves. First fluid passing football and clinical finishing, second - half finshed passes, long punts, no urgency. Why?

Yes, Mirren were poor, but came out a different team. Why do we seem to have demotivational half-time talks?

Good play from Bayne and Wyness who are, I can say without any fear of contradiction our first choice strikers. NIce to see the strikers on the scoresheet. Rankin had an erratic time, and though Wilson worked hard, not much worked for him. McBain had one of his best for a while. Hastings was grand and Dods and Munro, solid, mostly. Something just ain't right with Rosco just now though. And yes it was great to see a game without Black getting booked, even once...

Nice to get the 3, but we will need to perform better than this to pick up points from teams above us. A guarded hurrah.

The first half was the best performance I have seen from ICT all season... Wyness and Bayne were superb and Rankin always looks dangerous.  2nd half we were a bit too defensive but it's natural to sit back after having a 2-0 lead your not sure whether to defend it or leave yourself open by going for a third.  Great start to the year... lets hope it contines

Broonie... what a save  :010:

Pretty much agree with all that has been said. That save was superb no doubt about it, would need to see the handball again but I doubt scotsport would cover it TBH. Bayne and Wyness had the freedom of the park in the first half.

We were a different team in the second half but had to play a few of the youth players McKenna,McCay & McGin. Just about the right result although we could have sneaked a point.

Arrabest for 2007  :001:

Guest Arab4Ever

I saw the St Mirren squad ambling around Inverness about 12.15 on Saturday morning. Wee morning stroll i guess.

They must have stayed the night in inverness as their buses where still parked up at 9pm outside their hotel