FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Kilmarnock

Scotty

Well we will just have to await the feedback from the poor souls at the game. At least we are making chances but that is a Big two extra points dropped and it ain't exactly going to boost the confidence. Substitutions were inappropriate and far too late. I fear we may be in fer another hiding from Well.

Completely dominated the game and thoroughly deserved to win, but.......TB insists on these late defensive substitutions and we always seem to suffer. As TB said in interview, 7 times we've dropped points late in games. I think we'll have made the same type of substitutions in all of these 7 games!

Never made, a good performance overall - just need to find our shooting boots and kick on in the remaining games.

No point in slagging of TB, the game plan was good, we tore them apart but couldn't score. Not the manager's fault in any way, the game should have been put to bed by half time.

Frustration all round but lets get back to togetherNess and will this hard working team on to victory at Motherwell. Every point is going to count even more now.

Come on ICT :ictscarf:

• Agree 1

Two points dropped lost and two daft late substitutions again.  ICT played well, had chance after chance, and had a stonewall penalty not given, but that's no excuse.  As soon as we saw Devine coming on, everyone round me was saying they were sensing the worst.  That was the type of game where you go out to win and keep going.  Hanging on for a win like that, was a far more dangerous tactic than going for a second goal and it well and truly backfired, before it was nearly made even worse when Killie almost won it at the end.  Butcher made the wrong choice.

Also McKay as MOTM!  Really?!  :blink:

Edited by Renegade

Form lost, confidence poor. Another hiding from Motherwell on the cards followed by a steady slide down the table. Thank goodness for Dundee.

Performances have been generally good, and no sign of low confidence until the last 5 minutes tonight. A poor run certainly, but we just need a wee bit of luck to turn things back in our favour.

Keep the faith!

what a disappointment that was. when g shinnie through on keeper he could only hit him from 4 yards and it spins for a corner. looked easier to score, 2-0 game dead and buried. knew killie would get a chance. their only chance of the night and bingo.

tel took on devine and sutherland for shinnie and doran. devine playing in midfield and looked like draper put up front. why when we are winning 1-0 do we need to win 2-0. same 3 points. take on devine and shut up shop, play to corners etc

the changes seemed to disturb us and let killie take the game on.

we were pushing for second when we lost the ball and let killie up the park to score

added to celtic match post that i was concerned about doran going to ground too easily and that referees are getting hacked off with him stopping, puting his hands up looking for fouls.

there were 3  occassions tonight that i can remember when he should have got the foul but referee waved play on.

one one occassion a nice bit of skill and he goes through a gap in 3 killie players. i was looking straight at it and doran goes to ground when no one touched him.

would not be surprised if the billy mackay stick on penalty was turned down because of doran we are seen by refs as a bunch of divers.

by the way billy mackay MOM what a joke that was

Form lost, confidence poor. Another hiding from Motherwell on the cards followed by a steady slide down the table. Thank goodness for Dundee.

Is 'form lost' really fair comment? From what I heard on the radio, we played some excellent football but couldn't finish: very similar to what I saw in the second half at Paisley. The current inability to take chances is definitely concerning, but teams do go through these spells. I'd be far unhappier if the shape of the team became lost, or players started hiding, as we've seen from some ICT teams in the past. As it is, these players still seem to be fighting, trying to control games and trying to play decent football, even if the finishing is profligate. I'd take that for the rest of the season, although obviously it would be great if we could start turning the good possession into wins once more.

The stuff from other posters about using subs better might be fair enough, though. Tbh, the only sub I've seen make a significant difference this season is Connor Pepper, but for whatever reason, TB doesn't seem to fancy him at the moment.

Edited to add: the heart did sink when I heard Robbo saying that it looked liked TB had 'settled for 1-0' when Shinnie was subbed, mind you. Agree with Rene - why not just keep pushing for the second when there are only five minutes left anyway?

Edited by alternative maryhill