FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new manager thread

Yngwie

All we can do is wait and see Libero, nobody on here wants him to fail or split the dressing room.

True. As i've said before he wasn't my first choice but i'm prepared to give him a clean slate in terms of baggage from other clubs

I don't think Foran looks very happy in that interview, to be quite honest.

Care to explain that statement?

I don't think Foran looks very happy in that interview, to be quite honest.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Really cant see him saying what he said if he didnt want or like Hughes as manager. He has not only towed the line in what would probably be expected as captain but he sounds pretty happy about it and goes on to say he was the man the players wanted, he does actually start the interview with a grin on his face. If he didnt want Hughes there he could have just as easily said all the cliche's and left it at that? He goes well beyond that imo. Quite pleased after seeing that.

Edited by LundavraJag
  • Agree 2

Really cant see him saying what he said if he didnt want or like Hughes as manager. He has not only towed the line in what would probably be expected as captain but he sounds pretty happy about it and goes on to say he was the man the players wanted, he does actually start the interview with a grin on his face. If he didnt want Hughes there he could have just as easily said all the cliche's and left it at that? He goes well beyond that imo. Quite pleased after seeing that.

That's more or less how I saw it....

Foran looked pretty chirpy to me and I was convinced by what he said. The story is simple: ICT get to a final and/or 3rd in the league - Hughes makes history as most successful ICT manager ever. Not manage any and he'll probably be seen as a failure (however unjust that may be). By the way, if he wins all 3, I'll personally chisel a statue of Yogi out of Daviot stone with my teeth!

Anyway, let's get behind the whole team and see where the rollercoaster takes us - I'm quite chipper now, after the anticlimax!

• Agree 1

Good positive interviews with all 3. There is a big danger of me getting quite excited now. I was also quite impressed with KC's interview considering his sporting pedigree is shinty and not footie - he came across well. Seems his heart is in the right place so I just hope "The Builder" leaves him in peace to do what seems to be a good job

Good luck to Yogi - I hope you prove the doubters wrong! :clapoverhead: C'mon the Caley :ictscarf:

Talked about his man management on the radio just now. Says he learned with experience that beating a player with a stick doesn't work so that suggests he has learned from possible past mistakes?

If he tried the bully tactic then Richie would have sorted him out! but really spoke well on sportsound.

Was disappointed last night and now after hearing the man out I am very optimistic he will be a similar figure of Terry Butcher. 

I live and work in Aberdeenshire and have, as expected, had a steady stream of Aberdeen fans in and out of my office all days in a state of bewilderment at this appointment. Despite the usual wind ups a lot of Dandies I know have a bit of a soft spot for us and the universal view is that this is a regressive step for a club in our current position. I wholeheartedly agree with them for once.

I sincerely apologise if my comments upset the sensibilities of the happy clappers on here but I was under the impression that this was a forum where supporters were afforded the opportunity to voice their opinions in a democratic manner. Apparently not....

A massively underwhelming appointment and anyone suggesting otherwise is kidding themselves on.

• Agree 4

I live and work in Aberdeenshire and have, as expected, had a steady stream of Aberdeen fans in and out of my office all days in a state of bewilderment at this appointment. Despite the usual wind ups a lot of Dandies I know have a bit of a soft spot for us and the universal view is that this is a regressive step for a club in our current position. I wholeheartedly agree with them for once.

I sincerely apologise if my comments upset the sensibilities of the happy clappers on here but I was under the impression that this was a forum where supporters were afforded the opportunity to voice their opinions in a democratic manner. Apparently not....

A massively underwhelming appointment and anyone suggesting otherwise is kidding themselves on.

Who would you have preferred then?

Hartley, Ian Murray, Ian Cathro (google him), Kevin McDonald (long shot admittedly), Billy McKinlay (another long shot), Eric Black (ditto), Davie Weir, basically anyone young, dynamic and with a progressive approach to the modern game. As much as I was against the idea I'd even have preferred Robbo back with a suitable assistant.

Look at the poll for an answer to that surely. He said all the right things more or less and his cunning plan of leaving well alone is the right start. Ritchie handled his interview really well and gave me personally the first glimpse of optimism since this whole sorry business began. To be fair he was right to bring up the fact that Hughes has a couple of achievements on his CV which we still aspire to. I think I'll be able to swallow my disappointment and get on with the business of urging the team on to fulfil their best ever season.

I've never met him, but Duncan Shearer seems quite a shy man and doesn't seem to like being in the limelight.  I wonder in light of his recent form and experience at the club (and elsewhere), had he been up for it, would he have been offered the job?