FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

So pleased for Barry

Naelifts

Couldn't make it yesterday and it didn't sound like a great game BUT it was pleasing that Barry notched the winner. It has been an indian summer for him.................my stand-out player of the season. He was gutted last weekend but hopefully this may give the team renewed impetus in a bid for the top six..........................still on. Our visit to Killie takes on greater significance and my support for the split hardens.

Yip - the old git has lasted the pace longer than I expected. Thought this season would have been his swansong but he appears determined to keep going - good example to Pat O'Linnen and Cowie who will have to fight fer their places. Looking forward to killie and the tight old ambulanceman buying ma kids food again.

We need an on song Bazza, he is one of the few guys in the team who can turn a game for us. He is one of the guys you can usually depend on, although even he took a bit of getting started yesterday, but when it happened, boy was it a warm feeling.

Wilsons face was a picture after he scored and was mobbed by the lads. He gave the fans who ran down to applaud him after he scored the thumbs up and a smile as wide a the Kessock Bridge - what a player!  :001:

I too thought that this would be Barry's last season but he appears to be on course to overtake CC as the player with the second highest appearance record for the club and Iain Stewart as the second top scorer.

In fact, unless Denzil gets his finger out next season there's an outside possibility that he could retre as the club's record goal scorer.

I was delighted for Barry that he clinched the winner on Saturday - despite it being a very small consolation for the events of the previous Sunday.

Good on yer, Barry. Keep up the good work!

I was at the game, but I didn't realise just how good a goal it was until I saw the highlights last night.  Excellent work from a very tired Barry Wilson.  He said it took the last piece of energy he could find to knock it in.  Well done Barry.  :021: