FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Killie V ICT - matchday thread

Scotty

Yeah I saw a man and woman having a meeting with a security boss at half time down at the entry gates.

I hadn't noticed the young guy getting chucked out, therefore I wasn't aware why there was heated debate between fans and stewards, I was though, obviously aware there was bad feeling going on.

Meanwhile back at the game :- Yeah Sutherland looked really good, let's hope he's given a real chance, now that there's little to play for. Paatelainen too looked very promising, McAllister was much more vibrant when he came on but Gary McSwegan struggled to make much impact.

All in all, ICT didn't appear to be the same unit that normally hits the road, the very hard to break down team. I would put that down to the positive formation that CC picked. Possibily led to a better match than we might normally get but just shows you, picking an attacking side, takes away the stability defensivly.

Then again I might be wrong :003:

Guest kingkojak

wasnt at the game but the only difference defensively on paper was caff for munro..  if this is such a major problem defensively then we urgently need a replacement for the 'arab'..

on a lighter note...... from the radio it sounded like paaters had a good game which is very encouraging for next season!!! 

good to see zander get on the park as well. 

the rest of the season ought to be the time to give next seasons team a run out.  which would mean dropping dods immediately for caff and giving paaters, rory and zander much more match time. 

wasnt at the game but the only difference defensively on paper was caff for munro..  if this is such a major problem defensively then we urgently need a replacement for the 'arab'..

The team was generally more attack minded than normal with the 2 strikers (Bayne and McSwegan) supported be basically 2 wingers (Wilson and Paatelainen).

The midfield would normally be narrower.

Grant Munro though was badly missed.

I was at the game aswell, and after the team falling asleep after going 1 up, at least we gave it a go in the second. The team are normally great at defending, but every time the ball was crossed into our penalty area, we looked worried. We are now a better team to watch but it was definitely obviously today that we missed Wyness, Dargo and Munro.

Good points though: Fraser made a couple good saves, Hastings did well, McCaffrey after a rusty first half did really well in the second half, Duncan and Black were ok, Paatelainen after being non-existent before his goal played really well and is a great prospect for the future (i think after being sold by aberdeen, his spell at cowdenbeath has helped him), and Bayne again ran himself into the ground, and Sutherland looks like a great winger for the future. McSwegan did ok, but sometimes looked dis-interested and ran out of steam. Wilson drifted in and out of the game and thats about it.

The referee was absolutely shocking today, even Parkie was going mad on the touchline. Alan Freeland, along with his assistants, were a nightmare. Kilmarnock were holding up the play by not giving the ball back, and the ref turned a blind eye. A shocking performance.

One more thing; i thought the fans that were singing were terrific. After Chrisite saying that he wanted the fans to get behind the team when they aren't winning, the fans definitely encouraged the players throughout today, especially in the second half. HOWEVER, from what i saw (i mite be wrong!) none of the players or management acknowledged the fans at the end of the game after some of the fans singing for long spells of the game.

none of the players or management acknowledged the fans at the end of the game after some of the fans singing for long spells of the game.

The only person from the managment to acknowledge the fans effort is Parkie.  Charlie doesn't.  There have been plenty of times we have been singing for Charlie and he ignores us.  It's a two way thing really, if he is going to slate us when we don't sing, then at least acknowledge us when we do sing.

Pretty entertaining game and but for the shoddy goals we gave away, we could have had all three points.

Duncan was good today, Black, (while he was on), looked well capable, Paatelainen my pick for MoM, he gave us a more positive threat coming in from the left side. Rankin did well..........oh he wasn't playing, could have been for all he did last week.

Dods, great stopper centre half old style, but he had the miss of the match from six yards, hoofing the ball high over the bar in a typical Dodsy punt, now that man does punt. I thought Caff once up to speed had a great second half and I would have no qualms about leaving the departing Dods on the bench for the last five games. The rest were ok, Tokely having a difficult time with the dangerous Naismith, but he stuck to the task well,  Hasting unusually good cross for Patti's brilliantly headed goal. Barry tried, but it wasn't to be. Sweggers started brightly but faded badly......untill he unleashed a ferocious shot from a long way out which the keeper tipped over. The subs all played their part, Rory looking eager to please, Zander lively on the wing and Hart given less opportunity apart from taking the cornes. Fraser, I would not blame for any of the goals, especially the first, the defenders let the ball bounce in the six yard box from a long throw in, unbelievable, Mike would have expected someone to hoof it, unfortunately no one got a touch and he was left in no mans land for the ball to bounce high over him and get bundled in at the far post, schoolboy stuff defenders. Strange decision on the touchline led to the start of the second, ultimately a decent finish, the third although neat finish by Naismth, we afforded them too much room in and around the box, overhead kick in all the way.

My opinion, we almost snatched a draw, which overall we deserved, but for very slack defending for the Killie goals, mind you our second was poor from their point of view.

Good home crowd for a change at Killie, due to the reduced prices and free tickets for schools, ICT, learn from this please.

Quality piece of reporting from the Scotsman today  :015:

The niggles only added to the entertainment, though, and no-one in the attendance of 7630 could possibly have felt short-changed. Inverness never stopped trying to salvage a point but the very fact they had to start with 36-year-old McSwegan, without a goal since scoring for Ross County in November, 2005, suggested that a comeback might be beyond them.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=384852007

Absolutely spot feckin on Scotsman. Will sort out the tactics in another thread but to add to Hairys thread:

Fraser  :015: :015:  Looked really nervous and unsure. Really does stick to his line and his six yard box and looks really suspect on crosses.

Agree with the defence. Hastings was superb - Tokely was left exposed by an unfit Bazza. Dodsy had the worst game I have ever seen him play.

Duncan was outstanding - MOM. Black was wrongly yellow carded and wrongly substituted. Marcus has potential but was a  :015: :015: :015: - defensively he is lacking ++. Bazza wasnt fit.

McSwegan was feckin gash. He is lazy and has no pace. He should have been hooked at half time.

Zander was played on the right  :017: :017:  Rory came on as Killie were committed to all out defence.

Guest Sangobeg Jaggie

I really enjoyed the game on Saturday. Prices were realistic and the second half was definately worth watching. We serioulsy missed Grant Munro in defence. Big time.

Can someone tell me how Dodds missed that sitter in the second half ? It looked that he was trying to clear the ball !

It was very encouraging to see Zander and Rory come on and play really well.

Looking forward to the rest of the season if we can have an attitude like the second half.

What was wrong with Xander being on the right?

Cos he is completely left footed. At  that stage of the game we needed width and playing down the wing - Killie had flooded the middle and were quite happy to allow Zander to come inside on his left foot. He did well but did ya notice that his final passes were mainly square balls or back to midfielders or defenders. Pat O'Linnen was doing that on the left to some success but Zander is a carbon copy. Playing Hart on the roght would have given us the width and penetration - perhaps!!  :001:

After seeing the highlights i dont think Mike Fraser was too clever for the first two? mind you the defence was all over the place, Looked like we had a few good chances too... ah well  bring on the Pars!!!!

What was wrong with Xander being on the right?

Cos he is completely left footed. At  that stage of the game we needed width and playing down the wing - Killie had flooded the middle and were quite happy to allow Zander to come inside on his left foot. He did well but did ya notice that his final passes were mainly square balls or back to midfielders or defenders. Pat O'Linnen was doing that on the left to some success but Zander is a carbon copy. Playing Hart on the roght would have given us the width and penetration - perhaps!!  :001:

I don't that being a problem. Hart, a right footer has played on the left and done well, Wilson on the left when he is a right footer and done well and Rankin on the right when he is a left footer. It's no different from Xander.

Think Zander can play with either foot anyway :024:

When I've seen him this season he has certainly looked good on either foot and has made most appearances on the right hand side.