ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
  • BBC Sportsound coverage of Dundee Derby (we might get a mention) [UK Only]

LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
image.png

Tweets by @ICTFC

Yet another poor game on TV. Carson and Vincent BOTH playing as defensive central midfielders - Keatings back and for in front of them - Walsh and Doran wide (neither really tracking back) and White (at home) totally alone up front and only winning things when he comes deep. Keatings has had a couple of good strikes again BUT nearly all our crosses are lofted into the air - presumably to White. WTF.

And as I finish typing Keatings gets some luck albeit a sharp, reactive finish.

14 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

ROONEY the MOM by far in the first 45 !!

Completely agree, looks very assured on the ball and making good driving runs that we've been lacking all season.

We need more of that from other players and see no reason why McCart and Donaldson can't push up more as well.

As I type we go 2v0 up - Keatings 46mins 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

That actually happen or am I dreaming?

It did actually happened but I am sure a few of us will wake up tomorrow morning and think we were dreaming :lol:

• Like 1

Never made the game working away typical of my Donald Duck watched it on TV wow we really took our chances arrival of big Miles has shook up our forwards eh nothing like a threat to your place! Can't complain bout anything here 5-0 against a Morton team Iv bet on for a play of place happy days COYC

• Like 1

A very enjoyable evening. I thought we shaded the first half and just about deserved to be ahead. 

A flyer at the start of the second settled us and we then kicked on. 

A bit surprised about the earlier comments in this thread as I expected a tough game. Where we struggled at times in the first half, it was generally self inflicted. 

I actually felt we played for the full match, which we don’t always do, and by the end we were coasting and looking for a sixth. 

Just a pity there was quite a small crowd. 

Hopefully that gives confidence and we stay in the play off places. United are a cut above everyone, we need to be the next best and aim for second.

The pitch looked good again, and the sprinklers were in use before the game and at half time despite the heavy rain earlier. It seemed to play well. 

We are best when we move it fast. More of that, please. 

Of the players, Ridgers was rarely troubled and a good penalty save. 

Rooney is doing much better this season. Tremarco was the best I’ve seen him this season. Donaldson took his goal well, whilst McCart is class. 

Carson and Vincent worked hard. A couple of slack touches by Carson, but I think he will develop into a mainstay for us as he wants to take the ball down and play it. The new Tansey?

Walsh has some good touches and runs. Doran held the ball well but seems to have lost a yard of pace,

Keatings took his goals well and was lively. White took his goal well. 

Of the subs, Storey was quiet until he switched to the right late on. Todorov did very well for his goal, assuming he was just on side. MacGregor looked lively as always. 

Most enjoyable 90 minutes for a long time!

More please!!

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Thought it was quite a scrappy first half, until Rooney made a run from virtually his own corner flag all the way to Morton's penalty spot :wink:. It seemed to change the game and we scored shortly after. Second half we got a perfect start and never looked back. Can't remember the last time we won 5-0 at home in the league. Tremendous result! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I was a bit disappointed with the team selection but I am happy to acknowledge that Robbo knows more about team selection than I do.  It was a terrific team performance.  Morton have started the season well and were the league's top scorers before tonight's game, but they were never given time on the ball.  We won a lot of ball from good solid tackling and then used it more quickly than is often the case.  Everyone seemed to want the ball and there was decent movement off the ball. Great to see a few balls played inside the defenders for a change.  We've been lacking that even though the strikers have been looking for those balls to be played.  

I thought we more than edged the first half and were pretty decent.  Rooney and Walsh were really impressive down the right whilst Doran threatened several times when cutting in from the left.  But we scored an excellent 2nd goal early in the second half and kicked on from there as the players' confidence grew.  It's been a long time since I enjoyed a game as much as that.  Well done to Robbo and the lads!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Can't remember the last time we won 5-0 at home in the league.

Well, there was a 5-1 v Dumbarton 2 seasons ago, Nathan Austin hat-trick.

Our biggest league win last season was just 3-0.

Tonights result is our biggest league win since the 7-0 promotion party at Ayr in 2010.

• Like 3

Brilliant win and fantastic performance. A lot of credit must go to our forward players but I thought are defence were superb. That was Tremarco's best performance for a good few weeks. Donaldson was solid and scored a great header and Rooney was sound defensively but also such a threat going forward. Jamie McCart was tremendous. He won tackles and headers and his range of passing was superb. He just gets better and better. And to top it off Ridgers saves the penalty. Every player though deserves credit because to a man they were superb.

Edited by SteveA
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Agree that Jamie McCart was superb all game. There was a time when people said we were predictable. Hats off to robbo as he has created options now.  Well done to all as this was a team performance and they all showed skill, determination and application. Fantastic... ???? 

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic