FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V PARS - matchday thread

Scotty

My take on bothe 'penalties'

Pars one..........no comment as it was 100yards away, how anyone in the North Stand has an opinion on this is beyond me.

Our one...........the fouling started outside the box and free kick was best we would get.

The overall display...........we got what we deserved out of this one, nothing. I have seen us playing worse, but this was particularly disappointing considering we stole a lead before half time.

End result...............gutted.

I was RIGHT in front of the incident. Barry did not fall until inside the box. He did not dive, it was the physicality of the Pars defender that made him fall and maybe......

.... I am unsure of the rules here. He might have just accidentally fallen due to pressure, his footing, physicality etc.

Didn't stop me shouting for a pen though.

However, it was either nothing or a foul and if a foul it was deffo inside the box.

However, it was either nothing or a foul and if a foul it was deffo inside the box.

But what would the penalty have been given for? Shirt pulling (which started outside the box) or Barry being out muscled by the Pars defender i.e. not a foul?

Nice try Bazza - but it was no penalty.

He knew he was going to fall. It's just that he kept going until he was over the line.

By the way, we don't seem to have had many penalties awarded to us this season. Juanjo - where are you? :004:

Seems EWS was speaking crap after all  :003:

In the last 2 games Paatelainen has scored first and we have gone on to lose both games and concede 3 goals!!

d'oh!!  :007:

I demand he be sold - it is obviously his fault we have lost! mad.gif

In all seriousness I thought Markus looked decent when he had the ball but he seemed to be using his right foot almost all the time whenever he received the ball on the left - was he playing out of position? Certainly started off on the right in games for us when he first arrived. Maybe CC is trying to figure his best position at ICT rather than where he was most effective at the Blue Brazil?

All this talk of penalty claims is just detracting from the fact that we were well beaten by a team at the very bottom of the division. They played some pretty decent and fluent passing which seemed to carve us apart quite easily, at this present time we are a team that is really struggling 3 points in the last six games says it all. Defensively we looked poor and ickey Frasers kicking was poor today. Thank goodness we had a decent run at the start of the year or we could have been right down there and with the other teams below us picking up points yesterday I do think this could be our lowest placed finish since joining the SPL, let's just hope we unearth some gems for next season or it might be a long one. :frustrated01: