FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

January Transfer window news

CaleyTennis

Agree with that Iain, Ferguson remit would have been first and foremost to "get us away to feck from the bottom of the league" or words to that effect!

Pretty impressed with quality of players being taken onboard.

Looking forward to Saturday for a change!

Before the transfer window we were in desperate need of a decent striker and an attacking/creative midfielder.  Thankfully we seem to have ticked those boxes and brought in some other new faces who will hopefully strengthen other areas and provide more options.

I'm positive about our prospects in the second half of the season and I still think we have a sneaky wee chance of coming 4th and making the playoffs..... Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

How many loanees do we now have, is it 7? Massive rebuild needed in the summer.

Yep absolutely but the big issue that had to be addressed was avoiding relegation in the first place so that we weren’t rebuilding as a part-time outfit in the lower leagues. Looks like Big Dunc has recruited wisely to fill that brief and should hopefully make us a better looking prospect for those available in the transfer market come summer time.

I’m quite looking forward to seeing what these guys can do for us.

10 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Bim Pepple in on loan from Luton. striker.

Slightly underwhelming.  He couldn't get a game in the National League so struggling to see what he might add other than being another body in the squad.

Overall I think we're relying on far too many loans. I can only think the plan is to use these short term signings as a stop gap to a total overhaul in the summer. 

19 minutes ago, Hiro said:

Slightly underwhelming.  He couldn't get a game in the National League so struggling to see what he might add other than being another body in the squad.

He was prolific in June 2022! Got most of his career goals that month, it seems. Must have something about him to have earned moves to Getafe and Luton, even if he never played for them.

One bonus from today is that it looks increasingly likely that Cameron Harper will remain at the club until at least the summer.

As has been mentioned above, going by the number of loans we have at the moment it looks like a massive, massive rebuild in the summer which isn't good imho but I suppose we need to see how the rest of the season goes because if we manage to stay up then a rebuild may actually be a good thing, it's clear that the players we have and had were not good enough to get promoted so Duncan's job is to create a team that IS capable of getting us back to the premiership or at least challenging to get back there!

• Agree 1

I'm not sure about taking in a load of loan players to see us through to the end of the season. Reeks of Falkirk ~ 2018 (ish). Obviously I hope they do the job and keep us up and even somehow propel us into the playoffs.

Quite an amazing rotation. Some of our established players may now sign pre contracts with other clubs whilst other longstanding players may not be offered extensions. Even if we do well with the changes, next season will involve a massive squad update. 

On a more humorous  note the Club press release says Aribim left the Cavalry to go to Spain!!! 

• Like 1

This season and this transfer window is purely about survival. Accomplish this and the proper rebuild will take place, not sure how this will relate to our youth system, hopefully DF is factoring our young players into his future thoughts by getting them game time in the remaining months of this season.

Next season push for playoffs and season 3 promotion?🤔

• Like 1
  • Agree 1