In Dunc I TRUST

Duncan Ferguson should have done the right thing and resigned after the Hamilton debacle. No pay offs , severance pay,nothing.

He should have held his hand up and admitted his failings when trying to build a team out of lower level loanees. This was an absolutely awful experiment doomed to failure and the financial repercussions are now coming home to roost.

We have lost a whole season of developing young players the likes of Bray, Hyde etc for what..... Relegation.

FFS I know we lost Deas and Allardice but the nucleus of a capable squad was still there.

Capable enough to avoid relegation anyway.

• Agree 9
  • Well Said 5

On 5/29/2024 at 10:06 AM, forresjags said:

He should have held his hand up and admitted his failings when trying to build a team out of lower level loanees. This was an absolutely awful experiment doomed to failure and the financial repercussions are now coming home to roost.

We have lost a whole season of developing young players the likes of Bray, Hyde etc for what..... Relegation.

FFS I know we lost Deas and Allardice but the nucleus of a capable squad was still there.

Capable enough to avoid relegation anyway.

I think the issue for Dunc was that lower level loanees was the most the club could afford at the time.

Statistically speaking, if he'd been in charge for a whole season I think we finish top half. 

Weren't we only 3pt off 5th. 

Too many draws. 

It's a tough one for me because IHE I'm also a toffee and it's hard not to love big Dunc. But he's not shown he's one to be able to turn clubs round (see Forest Green too - that said, also a shambles in the background.) 

The rot started under Dodds and the club should have severed ties in the summer IMO. Not letting the false cup run hide the poor league form.

I think Dunc has 2 years left right? Could the club afford to sack and who's the alternative?

I'd say give him the time this summer to try and build a group to get us back up.

• Thoughtful 1

Unless he walks of his own accord he’ll still be with us next season, we simply can’t afford to get rid - our only hope on that score is for a new investor with plenty dosh who'd be willing to pay him off.

• Agree 2

Where is Ferguson & Bollan right now?  Busy securing players for next season in L1????? Or already on to new projects given ICT are in such turmoil?????? Who will be next manger?????? Will there be a team to manage ????

17 minutes ago, CaleyCiuin said:

Where is Ferguson & Bollan right now?  Busy securing players for next season in L1????? Or already on to new projects given ICT are in such turmoil?????? Who will be next manger?????? Will there be a team to manage ????

Probably on holiday tbf 

Ferguson has been an absolute failure for us and I'm still hoping he leaves of his own accord before the new season starts, freeing up a decent-sized wage.

He may well be pondering his options - whether to bleed the club dry for another season, knowing that if he also fails at this level, his future is not in football management, or quit now before he further damages his management reputation and hope there's some other gullible chairman willing to take a punt on him because of his "celebratory" status.

In pleading his case he may well use the same story as with his previous club, that his success was hindered by off-field shenanigans!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Probably on holiday tbf 

You’re probably right. Pre season training should begin in a couple of weeks time, so hope someone is busy trying to lure players to the Club. Maybe that’s on hold until a new investor / buyer is found as there is no other money. It will make the time tight to get any new team up and running before the first competitive match.

• Sad 1

Is Ferguson still the manager ??. Really can’t see him wanting to coach young developing players given his managerial style so far. I know the Club won’t want to pay him off………. Maybe they are banking on him walking away. Time will tell I suppose. When goes pre season training start?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I will be very interested to hear his views on what has happened over the Summer - how much is salary is going to be - and how much influence he has had on the new squad !! To me he should be receiving a League 1 wage with win bonuses added on.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I will be very interested to hear his views on what has happened over the Summer - how much is salary is going to be - and how much influence he has had on the new squad !! To me he should be receiving a League 1 wage with win bonuses added on.

Would we all? Where is he? 

The sooner the better. He wouldn't play our own youngsters last season and I can't see his attitude changing so who actually decided that it would be youngsters and locally based players this season?

• Thoughtful 1

2 hours ago, Alan said:

The sooner the better. He wouldn't play our own youngsters last season and I can't see his attitude changing so who actually decided that it would be youngsters and locally based players this season?

It's all down to the lack of money to bring in players from down south and put them up in hotels.  If he does stay he will have very little to spend and he will have to work with what he has.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, buckett said:

Aye, he's hot property now after his recent managerial successes.

EPL clubs lining up to sign him!

I wish!

• Funny 1