FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

if you could take 1 player from any other SPL team, who would it be?

Guest totalfootball

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest totalfootball

craig gordon would actually be the better buy, then we could sell him and buy 11 new £1m players!

ok :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015::rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015::rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015::rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015::rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015::rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015::rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015::rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015::rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015: :rotflmao: :015: :015:

:hiding03:

... apart from Bayne I don't think there's a player in Scotland that works harder

I don't see why a striker who runs about a lot but doesn't score should be idolised.

For me it would have to be Barry Robson. Quality left winger with a wicked delivery and a real menace at set pieces. Perhaps the only player/manager to have left ICT and bettered himself in the long term.

To be honest I dont think there's a player out there who, as an individual, would fit in with team ethos at ICT. Other than those who have been here before.

I believe we have, with those who will come in, the right blend of skills and quality, youth and experience all round. What has top be done is to work on getting the best out of them in every game. Hopefully this season will see success both home and away.

... apart from Bayne I don't think there's a player in Scotland that works harder

I don't see why a striker who runs about a lot but doesn't score should be idolised.

For me it would have to be Barry Robson. Quality left winger with a wicked delivery and a real menace at set pieces. Perhaps the only player/manager to have left ICT and bettered himself in the long term.

He's the only exception to the ICT curse and as such we should do our utmost to get him back.

I believe we have, with those who will come in, the right blend of skills and quality, youth and experience all round.

How'd you arrive at that conclusion?

The last time I looked we finished 8th in the league last year, not first! If we had all the things that you've mentioned we would be in Celtic's position. Obviously, this is never going to happen so we must keep trying to improve by signing players like Niculae and other young players to boost our final league position.

In case you haven't noticed my statement was intended to be in the present. Not the past. We have signed four youths to the first team. We have signed Cowie, Nicolae and McDonald. We have three others on trial and could sign at least two of them. All are bringing in excellent qualities. Its not all about signing highly rated individuals, its more about getting a team to perform as one unit. From what I've seen and read I believe we do have that right blend.

I am under no illusions. I dont believe either us or another nine teams in this league will finish in the top two as regularly as the glasgow twins. But I do believe we can compete on a par with the likes of Kilmarnock, Hibs and Aberdeen.

Guest sophia

I cannot for the life of me see how Barry Robson has “bettered himself in the long term” in any footballing sense.

Moments of magic, moments of madness. Plus ca change.

Goals win prizes – Kris Boyd for me.

I cannot for the life of me see how Barry Robson has “bettered himself in the long term” in any footballing sense.

He is pretty much the only ICT player to have gone on and done just as well if not better since leaving ICT in the long term.

Someone like Paul Sheerin did well for a while after leaving Inverness but hasn't sustained it.

I can't think of anyone else who has actually enjoyed sustained success as a player or manager since leaving ICT apart from Robson.

"Idolised"  :017:

Just answering the question

I think if you check Miller's assist ratio, not to mention his goals at International level, versatility... he has pace to burn, hopefully that's what McDonald will bring to the squad but for me Miller is easily one of, if not the best player in Scotland