Supporter's Trust/fans Meeting

L_G

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't forget this will be Alan Savage's first managerial appointment. Owen Coyle is an absolutely smashing guy in the same mould as Donald in terms of being up with the lark and self disciplined. Currently he sits poised to strike and as the Chairman said 'we will appoint the best man for the job .....regardless of compensation'.

My feeling after the meeting last night was that is was a very positive experience.

My point to Grassa about the "possible"  :016: Brewster appointment perhaps not showing as much ambition as we would like, I felt was listened to and acknowleged.

It was very worthwhile to have an open forum with direct access to the Chairman and Director

of Football.  I was pleased at the turnout, hopefully we'll have more of these events.  Despite some folks pessimism - it's an oportunity that shouldn't be wasted!

I don't think anyone there was under any illusion that our views  would be part of the decision making process, in fact  I'd be **** worried if they were, but it was a chance for them to listen and perhaps take on board some points.

Perhaps the most important thing I have learnt, is that it's all very well bashing away at the keyboard, calling for this person and that person to be sacked/hung drawn and quartered - but at the end of the day these folks are only human, make mistakes like us, and have families who get hurt by comments.

Yes, we have a right to free speech - but we also have a responsbility not to degrade it to name calling, and to acknowledge that for every action there's a re-action - which might affect players families.

Messrs Bennet and Savage are only 2 members of the ICTFC Board of Directors and although they may have been giving the impression that Brewster is a shoe-in for the job that is not necessarily the feeling of the remainder of the board, or indeed, some of the clubs largest shareholders.

Bennet was also quick to distance himself from whoever comes in as manager stating categorically (at last nights meeting) that it would be the boards decision to make and not his.  He further stated that he would be happy to work with any of the previous managers, but wasn't drawn to comment about how happy he would be working with any of the other candidates.

A lot of contradicting statements were made at last nights meeting and I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on them.

What concerns me is that the club seem to believe the fans are not keen on Brewster due to the manner of his leaving last time wheras most of us who are not keen on him being reappointed don't give a stuff about that but are very concerned about his abysmal record at Tannadice.

Guest PartTimer

"Grassa did say that our three previous managers are all very keen to return to ICT...."

It can't be all bad working for the club then...

For how many other clubs, even companies, would that statement hold true?

I'm wondering.... Has anyone ever heard Brewster say, publicly or privately, that leaving ICT was a disastrous career move for him..?

Has anyone ever heard him express any regrets that persuading certain members of our playing staff to transfer to Dundee United was maybe not such a good idea...?

If appointed would he be likely to publicly admit, to our supporters especially, that he treated this club very shabbily once he was in the managers chair at Yinited.....?