FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Supporter's Trust/fans Meeting

L_G

After discussions with the clubs Director of football Graeme Bennet and the Supporter?s Trust chairman Les Kidger a meeting for Supporter?s Trust members and fans has been arranged tomorrow night Wednesday 22nd August at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium at 7.30pm This is to allow Supporter?s Trust members and fans the opportunity to express their constructive views on the prospective appointment of the new manager of  ICT to the director of football. It is hoped as many members and fans can attend to make suggestions and ask questions.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Make yourself look slim & super fit....?

:015: :015:

That wouldnt be a disguise, it would be a feckin miracle  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: (i know, pot, kettle and all that  :016:)

On the whole, I would agree with you SMEE but if 100 fans were to turn up and tell the DoF and Chairman that one of the candidates was not going to be welcomed with open arms or that one of the others emerges as an overwhelming choice then it might have some effect

I see no harm in the meeting.  If they want to listen they will, if they have no intention of listening they won't..it's as simple as that.

However, I am also of the opinion that the club have become far too detached from the core fan base in recent years and I like the positive signs since Alan Savage came to the chair of attempts to re-establish that connection.  On the face of it he seems to have realised that so much has happened in the last couple of seasons to p!ss us (the fans) right off and is attempting to reverse that trend.

The above reaction - i.e. "it's a waste of time" - is a product of the detachment that has developed.  Had this been a few years ago then the fans would have welcomed the opportunity with open arms as, at that time, we felt we were being listened too.  A good example of that is when we were faced with the ground share in order to secure promotion.  The club came to the fans, asked what they wanted and acted accordingly.  Fans thought that was a great thing for the club to have done and turned up in their droves.

I am as cynical as the next person about the reasons for the meeting or what will come out of it, but if we don't give it a go then we'll never know and the club can then continue to dismiss us by saying they gave us the opportunity in the past and we turned it down.

In short, regardless of your view/stance then you should if at all possible get your erse down to the stadium tomorrow night if for no other reason than to support the fans voice and ensure we still have that voice should it ever come to a situation when you do have something you want to say.

Or this could be very well planned and they get the fans to decide as to whether we take on another highly paid individual and risk going into debt or stick to the budget and take on somebody lesser.

Lets feckin face it - Warnock is not going to come to ICT for less than Niculae is getting - his bottom line would be the ?40,000 + per annum that Grasser is rumoured to be getting.

Or this could be very well planned and they get the fans to decide as to whether we take on another highly paid individual and risk going into debt or stick to the budget and take on somebody lesser.

Lets feckin face it - Warnock is not going to come to ICT for less than Niculae is getting - his bottom line would be the ?40,000 + per annum that Grasser is rumoured to be getting.

And how much is Brew going to want??

Remember, not long ago,  we offered to match the DUFC offer.

Brew will remember that too.... and is astute enough to realise the clock is ticking!

tick, tock, tick, tock....

Graham

I hope there are people going who are apposed to us going doing the ex-manager route?

I'd go and have my say myself but unfortunately I'm about as much good at public speaking as rehab has been for Pete Doherty  :029:

I hope there are people going who are apposed to us going doing the ex-manager route?

I'd go and have my say myself but unfortunately I'm about as much good at public speaking as rehab has been for Pete Doherty  :029:

Rehab has seemed to work for you, Kencar...... :023:

I will be attending tonight - Presumably IHE is flying up in his private jet at this moment.... :014:

You don't have to be good at public speaking to have your say.  I'm sure their will be people of all minds at the meeting and a clap in agreement of a point raised by another is just as powerful as saying it yourself.