FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Boycot on Saturday

Guest King Caley

What a stupid suggestion. Our players, no matter how much anyone tries to convince them otherwise, feel they are the ones who have let CC down and I'm sure they intend to hit the field on saturday and play their hearts out for Charlis Christie. How the **** would it make them feel if the stands were empty because of some silly boycott.

The best man for the job will be put in place and whether the board feel it should be Brewster or anyone else it is up to every true fan of this club to show support by getting behind the team.

The board of this club, of which Graeme Bennett is a member, will make the choice that they feel is the best one.

Oh! and incidentally, Graeme Bennett would get my vote of confidence.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the meeting Graeme Bennet told us that this is the most difficult appointment to date.  Interviews will start tomorrow and we'll have to take it from there.  

Guest King Caley

No one is blaiming the players in this. I am adament they would want Warnock instead of Brewster. As for Bennett he has done nothing for this club. He has no ambition for the club's future.

No one is blaiming the players in this. I am adament they would want Warnock instead of Brewster. As for Bennett he has done nothing for this club. He has no ambition for the club's future.

thats a bit harsh.bennett has done a **** of a lot.  :018:

I take it you have spoken to some of the players then.  My information suggests that it's the other way about and that they would welcome Brewster back.  Some more than others I'm sure, but the general feeling seems quite positive.  But as you are adament they don't want Brewster you must have some first hand information

King Caley - in the name of god give yer head a shake mun....

I seriously question the wisdom of giving people the freedom to express their opinions on an open forum such as this when you read the drivel that has been spouted on here of late.  Outsiders looking in must be p.issing themselves.

I just don't get this Warnock mania that seems to be sweeping the forum.  The guy is obviously a capable enough manager but he strikes me as obnoxious and unbearably arrogant.  The fact that he seems to be universally unpopular with those who've encountered him south of the border surely speaks volumes. He'd last about five minutes at ICT in the highly unlikely event that he was given the job.  

Reality check needed all round folks.

i think serious questions need to be asked from the boards if they do go for brewster, very similar to the charlie christie appointment, very cheap and desperate (despite what i earlier said about supporting brew!).  a boycott would be taking things just an inch or so too far!

ask again at christmas, if we're still bottom then who knows what kind of support youll get

:015:

Listen dude, nobody has been more vocal on that front than me in the last couple of days and even I think your talking through a hole in your hat.

**Speechless**

Well that's a first.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yeah, but I bet you knew it wouldn't last very long  :015:

Guest King Caley

If you all want the best for Caley then you should boycot. Caley need to be ambitious so as they canover turn the divide in Scottish football. We have no history as a club, like other clubs do, we are writing this every time we get a new manager or sign big players. In two years Caley should be in the UAFA cup regularly in two years and winning the SPL in 20 years. This is no joke. Scottish football is no longer about the old firm as we have seen in recent seasons and neuther is it about teams like Aberdeen or Hearts. It is about us and teams like Gretna. We have to realise that we are in the forefront of the change for the better. Therefore we should take opportunities like Warnock with two hands, just like Niculae. Brewster is the past and we must not go back.

I don't think anyone on here should be giving Caley King a hard time just for expressing his opinion. I can't say I agree with everything he's said but I can sympathise with the frustration he's feeling right now. It's easy for folk who don't mind Brewster being our next manager to take the high moral ground. How do you think you'd feel if the board appointed someone you were vehemently apposed to. Trust me it's not a nice feeling

At the end of the day what can you do as just one fan? Feck All  :rolleyes02: Boycotting games won't make the slightest bit of difference and you are the only one loses out. I will still go to games no matter who our next manager turns out to be. I may not like who's in charge but I'll do my best to support the team.

As far as I'm concerned it's up to Brewster to prove me wrong by turning out to be an excellent ICT manager. I'll be delighted to have to eat humble pie by the end of the season and beyond if he's successfull. I sincerely hope he does well cos lets face it as the alternative isn't very pleasant  :029:

PS By the time I managed to get this posted (some folk must have been typing fast!!) it did get a bit silly  :014:

King Caley - in the name of god give yer head a shake mun....

I seriously question the wisdom of giving people the freedom to express their opinions on an open forum such as this when you read the drivel that has been spouted on here of late.  Outsiders looking in must be p.issing themselves.

I just don't get this Warnock mania that seems to be sweeping the forum.  The guy is obviously a capable enough manager but he strikes me as obnoxious and unbearably arrogant.  The fact that he seems to be universally unpopular with those who've encountered him south of the border surely speaks volumes. He'd last about five minutes at ICT in the highly unlikely event that he was given the job.  

Reality check needed all round folks.

think you'll find he still a legend in the eyes of many sheff utd fans and is unpopular mainly with his rivals. so what if he's arrogant and abnoxious , i think he'd do us proud and if he left us it would be because he's done a superb job

What if Warnock doesn't want the job or we can't meet his wage demands will you still boycot the alternative choice or only if it's Brewster.  So far it looks as if you are on your own.  :017:

Guest King Caley

CC was on 100k a year, Niculae is on 4k a week and the board have the potential of offering Warnock up to 300k a year. If he did decide not to come well nothing is lost and we just move on however withou Brewster.

:010:  :010:  :010:  :010:  :010:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this thread, I'm sure many people will be against Brewster but a boycott ?  :018:  :32:  :32:  :33:  :33:  :33:  :33:  :33:  :33:

Mad B@stard let loose on forum! :024: I cant wait for IHE's diagnoses of the OP of this thread  :rotflmao:

:010:  :010:  :010:  :010:  :010:

I think this thread is the most ridiculous I have ever seen on this site.

Therefore, it should be stored away safely, cherished and brought out on special occasions.  :015:

Even if Brewster does get the job (and I still don't think it's a done deal) and we are still at the bottom of the table 6 weeks from now, what on earth would a boycot achieve?

We can all meet King Caley outside the stadium and talk to him for a bit to save him getting too lonley.  :015:

If you all want the best for Caley then you should boycot. Caley need to be ambitious so as they canover turn the divide in Scottish football. We have no history as a club, like other clubs do, we are writing this every time we get a new manager or sign big players. In two years Caley should be in the UAFA cup regularly in two years and winning the SPL in 20 years. This is no joke. Scottish football is no longer about the old firm as we have seen in recent seasons and neuther is it about teams like Aberdeen or Hearts. It is about us and teams like Gretna. We have to realise that we are in the forefront of the change for the better. Therefore we should take opportunities like Warnock with two hands, just like Niculae. Brewster is the past and we must not go back.

Time for a reality check KC. Uefa cup regularly in two years. Get serious. We.ve been three years in SPL. Other teams, who have been in league since its inception have never been in Uefa cup so what makes us any better than them. Scottish Football is no longer about the OF..............thats why they finish top two almost every season and why their turnover is in the tens of millions.