FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Boycot on Saturday

Guest King Caley

Guest King Caley

Should Craig Brewster become the new manager before 3:00pm on Saturday I propose that all fans who are opposed to his appointment boycot the game against Dubdee United and instead stage a peaceful protest outside the ground calling for the immediate resognation fo Bennett.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an excellent 1st post.  :017:  The board (not just the director of football) will appoint the candidate they think best for the job.  Whoever that is, any true fan will get behind them and support the team, whatever their opinion.  Everyone deserves a chance.  A boycot won't make any difference other than you will miss the game.

Maybe slightly OTT but I see your point.  I'm against Brewster coming back and I'm planning on going to the game this weekend travelling up from Aberdeen but I won't be going if he's the manager, can't see me having much motivation to make the trip very often in the future either.  I'll still support the team just won't have as much enthusiasm.

Guest King Caley

The board has not got any of the fans interests in their decisions. They have continued to make the wrong decisions on behalf of the club. We have not made any head way in the SPL since joining. Brewster left the club and is not welcome back. Caley need to be ambitious in their outlook and take up Warnock.

That's the last thing we need. Regardless of who is appointed we all need to stick together as a club to start climbing the table. What good would a boycott be? Would they sack the new boss because of it? Get lost.

Guest King Caley

It is the fans who make the club what it is. We buy the tickets, buy the shirts and eat the pies. Caley do not play for the TV or for the board of directors or share holders but for the fans, it should therefore be correct that our true opinions are taken into account.

The board has not got any of the fans interests in their decisions. They have continued to make the wrong decisions on behalf of the club. We have not made any head way in the SPL since joining. Brewster left the club and is not welcome back. Caley need to be ambitious in their outlook and take up Warnock.

They started in the 3rd Division and worked their way up to the SPL, FFS... No one put them there...

Their rise to the top flight of Scottish Football has been nothing short of meteoric....

Somebody must have been doing something right....  :blah01:

I must be the only one that thinks Brewster's not necessarily a done deal.....  :024:

i dont think its a done deal as far as the board is concerned, but i do think it is in bennetts head.i think savage is more likely to favour an audacious signing like warnock if his demands are'nt too big. basically have'nt got a clue what they'll do for sure but whatever happens stuff a boycott, were gonna win on sat, that much is certain

it should therefore be correct that our true opinions are taken into account.

And they are. How many clubs can you name whose Director of Football has faced the fans to discuss the appointment of a new manager?

What an excellent 1st post.  :017:  The board (not just the director of football) will appoint the candidate they think best for the job.  Whoever that is, any true fan will get behind them and support the team, whatever their opinion.  Everyone deserves a chance.  A boycot won't make any difference other than you will miss the game.

Very well said...

Guest King Caley

Caley have only climbed the league because they have attracted a special kind of player. Players who have played with us have had to have a different kind of motivation to play in the highlands away form their main home bases in the central belt of Scotland. That is why they always gave 100% and work well as a team. Warnock has expressed an interest to come north and live here, something he would not do if he was not genuine.

It is the fans who make the club what it is. We buy the tickets, buy the shirts and eat the pies. Caley do not play for the TV or for the board of directors or share holders but for the fans, it should therefore be correct that our true opinions are taken into account.

Were you at the meeting King Caley? 

Caley have only climbed the league because they have attracted a special kind of player. Players who have played with us have had to have a different kind of motivation to play in the highlands away form their main home bases in the central belt of Scotland. That is why they always gave 100% and work well as a team. Warnock has expressed an interest to come north and live here, something he would not do if he was not genuine.

Where has Warnock actually expressed an interest in living in Inverness, he mentioned family in Dunoon!  Last I heard he was distancing himself from the position.

As I was away working this evening I could not attend.

So if you weren't at the meeting I'm not sure you are fully informed.  If you buy the shirts and eat the pies then you should be there behind the team on Saturday, whatever the circumstances.

I can understand feeling running high over brewster being taken back but I don't think a boycott is the answer. This would affect the TEAM on the park who definitely need our full supprt at this time.

I can't say i'm too chuffed about brewster returning but nothing we do will change that now. However I will say this, brewster will be under much much more pressure this time around at ICT than previous. There is now an expectation for results to improve. If they do not, then how long will the fans remain patient? If he has a run of results like those he returned at dundee utd, god forbid, could he be the first ICT boss for the sack??? ........:024:

Guest King Caley

Warnock has said that he would be interested in speaking to Caley, Daily Express. For an ex- premiership manager to say this it is something we should take as an expression of interest and grab by the horns.

I wish I had boycotted this thread.

Best post on this thread so far.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'll be a bit late to the game on saturday, so if Brew is appointed can you please keep your protest up until about 3.10pm

Guest King Caley

Listen I could not attend the meeting due to work, however my informers have told me that Bennett was trying to push Brewster on the supporters in a form of nepotism