FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Our goalkeeper cover problem to be resolved ?

I am reliably informed that Cellic have offered MARK BROWN on loan fer the rest of the season.

Czech goalkeeper Michel Danek is about to sign and all of a sudden Mark is not required - at least until Boruc goes.

The other goalie in the mix is Jamie Langfield.  :crazy07:

He has to take the blame for the first goal and for conceding the first penalty at all. For the first he should have taken control - it's his box - and told Caff what to do; instead they both just watched the ball into the net. On the second he should have come out for the ball, not expect two defenders to deal with it when the attacker is ahead of both of them; he forced them to tackle the guy from behind which was always going to give the referee something to think about.

Some real confidence-building and assertiveness training needed for the young man. Either that or a big, loud centre half who'll command the defence for him.

To be fair to Michael Fraser, he was thrown in the deep end when Mark Brown left, every week you were 99.9% guaranteed Brown would be starting. Fraser never had any experience playing SPL football at all until recently and id say he hasnt done too bad considering the shape our defence is in at the moment!

Another point is what about Ally Ridgers, he has sat on the bench for years....is he that bad?

Guest TinCanFan

I wonder if the Australian keeper Zeljko Kalac from AC Milan would like a loan move for some first team football in the Highlands.  :024:

Guest Arab4Ever

Is this not his first really ***** performance for you guys though?

I didnt see much of the goal action but in the first half he almost watched a slow moving ball go in before diving in and almost pushing the ball even quicker into the net.

I feel sorry for Michael Fraser, ok he had a dodgy game, the whole team are gonna be lacking confidence at the moment, the younger lads need a natural leader out there with them which unfortunately there doesn't seem to be (no disrespect to Grant) Most other areas of the pitch you can make a mistake and it wont cost you, for a keeper you have not got that luxury.

With regards to penalties, does anybody know how many Broonie saved...............or to put it another way did not save.  I do not recall him saving any................but I am an olde git.

Dear Mark, please save a penalty

Dear Mike..........

the wee ginger nob has denied any knowledge of signing danek so he should be in glasgow sometime next week.

dont remember broonie ever saving a penalty either

can def see us signing another keeper as well as defender pretty soon though

With regards to penalties, does anybody know how many Broonie saved...............or to put it another way did not save.  I do not recall him saving any................but I am an olde git.

Dear Mark, please save a penalty

Dear Mike..........

Mark Brown saved one penalty

It was when we were in the 1st division. I think Roy McBain was sent off for stopping the ball on the line. My dodgy old man memory is saying Clyde/ St Johnstone. Anyway Brown saved the penalty.......and they knocked in the rebound!! D'oh  :029:

TBH apart from the Rangers game I haven't been that impressed with Michael Fraser. Thought he should have saved St Mirren's opener last week and the 1st goal today was a disaster. 10 goals conceded in 4 games is not good, and I think a top quality keeper would have saved at least 4 of them.