FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Our goalkeeper cover problem to be resolved ?

Fraser looked fine last season after Brown left.

Things apprear to have changed  :007:

Dods has left and the whole back 4 has gone to pieces.

The defence has lost confidence and so has our keeper - they seem to be at odds at one another.

I don't think all the blame can be placed on the 'new' man Mcaffrey either. Munro loks like the shadow of the player he was last season.

We knew Dods was leaving in January 2007 -he hasn't be replaced as of August and we are struggling  :029:

I know for a fact that Mark Brown was a great mentor for Mikey Fraser.  Maybe he's missing him in training.  We have a full time goalkeeping coach, but things seem to be going backwards rather than forwards for Fraser.  He's a great young goalie so I hope he's just having a bad few weeks like the rest of the team.  Brew has to lift team spirit before he has any hope of turning this team around.

Lets face it, if you had our defence in front of you, you would'nt be confident either!

The whole team are to blame for letting their heads go down after the first goal, not just Mike.

We really need to get behind the team in the coming weeks, not take pot shots at individual performances.

C'mon Caley

Charlie made a serious error by not signing an experienced keeper when Brown left.  Fraser has performed reasonably well but he is young and inexperienced - this leaves with us little option if he were to be rested as Ridgers is has less experience. 

I would welcome the return of Brown or the signing of another keeper next week.

If Brown hadn't have moved on to allow Fraser his chance then he would have left ICT in the summer.  I do think we need a more experienced backup, but I haven't seen anything yet that justifies dropping Fraser from the starting line up every week.

With regards to penalties, does anybody know how many Broonie saved...............or to put it another way did not save.  I do not recall him saving any................but I am an olde git.

I remember he saved one in our first SPL match against Celtic at Pittodrie - can't remember any after that though

Kencar, I don't think that Clyde did score the rebound from that penalty, I think Ian Harty skied it over the bar.  From Soccerbase, McBain was sent off in 53 minutes for the foul and Clyde scored through Fotheringham in 36 minutes.

That was the start of the title charge, what a game, what a season  :001:

Guest sophia

Every keeper is capable of aberrations whether he is 100% at fault or otherwise.

The real test is whether he has the strength of character as well as talent to recover.

The signs are not good for MF for me.

I?d have liked to have witnessed the mother of all rollickings from MF to SM and GM after the loss of the decisive 1st goal on Saturday.

Instead we got pantomime head shaking for several minutes afterwards.

Mike,

Be ruthless, be 100% sure of your abilities be our No1

Learn from this.

Guest WynessLegend

With regards to penalties, does anybody know how many Broonie saved...............or to put it another way did not save.  I do not recall him saving any................but I am an olde git.

Dear Mark, please save a penalty

Dear Mike..........

Mark Brown saved one penalty

It was when we were in the 1st division. I think Roy McBain was sent off for stopping the ball on the line. My dodgy old man memory is saying Clyde/ St Johnstone. Anyway Brown saved the penalty.......and they knocked in the rebound!! D'oh  :029:

Mark also saved a penalty at Pittodrie against Celtic (once more a goal was scored from the rebound).

I can't see him agreeing to come back up the road - but a new keeper and at least two new defenders must be a priority if we want a chance of survival.

Fraser playing behind a defence which is all at sea (neither Roscoe or Grant show any trust in Caff whatsoever), Utd score with a cross which should have been dealt with by the defence long before it got near him (he had little left other than guessing whether Robson would get a touch or not) and he then gets blamed for narrowing the angles well before Rankin and Caff dive in and take the player for a penalty.

I fail to see why any of the above if Frasers fault.

I would agree that he needs to be more dominant at crosses and take the ball at a higher level, however I would ask whether our goalkeeping coach (who has yet to convince anyone that he is adding value to the team) is teaching him to stay on his line.

Why are some looking to have an undeserved go at the keeper?

I would stick by MF hes got the ability, what he seems to lack is a bit of confidence and knocking him wont help. We all know the problem is in front of him at the moment, once the back four is sorted I'm sure MF will respond.

The only problem with Mikey, as it was with Brown, is his reluctance to come off his line and he does not shout enuff at those in front of him. Only time and experience will solve this. But we are totally lacking in any goalkeeping cover. Mikey's confidence could be severely affected if we carry on as we are. We are not he only club in Scotland affected by this at the moment.

Guest Clare Crook

I am reliably informed that Cellic have offered MARK BROWN on loan fer the rest of the season.

Czech goalkeeper Michel Danek is about to sign and all of a sudden Mark is not required - at least until Boruc goes.

The other goalie in the mix is Jamie Langfield.  :crazy07:

Mark Brown ....home on lone please................................. he the man........bring him back  :021:

Guest Clare Crook
If Brown hadn't have moved on to allow Fraser his chance then he would have left ICT in the summer.  I do think we need a more experienced backup, but I haven't seen anything yet that justifies dropping Fraser from the starting line up every week.
No disrespect to young Fraser, hes got it, but lacks the experience of Brown.....lets face it how good was Mark for CELTIC to want him,  (one of the old firm wantin an Inverness goalie/player) Fraser is fab and will be a brown in a few more years, we need a Brown NOW.......... Fraser you will be the main man give it a few years, we all need experience in wot we do honey x

The only problem with Mikey, as it was with Brown, is his reluctance to come off his line and he does not shout enuff at those in front of him

both of which Broonie never got sorted: Dods did the shouting. Did we hire two shrinking violets in gloves, or is there some coaching going wrong?