FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster Can Go

wyness_is_god

We're four points from 6th and 11 from bottom.

Under Brewster we've won 16 points from a possible 33 having played each of the other teams once since he took over.

This is a magnificent achievement considering the circumstances in which he took over and he should be applauded by the supporters - especially those who were calling for his head a fortnight ago. 

Before yesterdays game Brewster had won six, lost six and drawn one of his games in charge since he returned.  Of the six losses, two came against Aberdeen, two against the Old Firm and one away to Hibs.  All these sides have far bigger budgets and, if we're being honest, better squads.  In an ideal world we can take points from these games but the idea we should sack our manager for losing these matches is not a credible one.  The Motherwell result and performance was obviously very, very poor.

The six games he lead us to victory in were against: Gretna (twice), Hearts, Falkirk, St Mirren and Arbroath.  We also drew with Killie meaning that of the teams around us in the league Brewster has an undefeated record.  If we accept we are in a struggle to stay up then these are the games we have to take points from and he is doing that.

The main problem faced by Brewster when he came back was that our solid defence - the base of much of our success in the SPL since 2004 - had lost a central cog in Darren Dods.  He has not been replaced.  Brewster had a very short window within which to work but brought in Phil McGuire, who was again praised today.  McGuire has played practically every minute of every game we have won.  When he was injured our form suffered, just compare how many goals we concede without him to how many we let in when he's playing.  Hopefully Brewster can keep Phil at the club after December.  He also brought in Proctor who I think will be a valuable squad player, especially considering Rosscoe's poor form.

I don't agre with releasing Rankin and I hope he stays.  I really hope that Ian Black stays, he is a vital part of our teams future.  Perhaps though a short sharp shock is what he needs.  Last season he displayed severe petulence on several occasions.  Lets hope that he and Brewster have buried the hatchet and that he can get on with his game.  I'm also interested into how Brewster can use Markus Paatelinan, he seems like he could be a Brewster player.

Perhaps I'm just in a happy place due to todays result (a fantastic result against a side who had the best home record outside Celtic in the SPL until today) but I'm confident things can improve.

I am sure that Brew will appreciate the more positive thoughts expressed on here today. He certainly did not have his worries to seek over the past few weeks and to tell you the truth, maa'm, I feel a wee bit sorry for him and a wee bittie guilty for  having passed the odd mild snide comment such as those about his hesitant style on the audio bites.

Today's audio effort was much more crisp and self-confident so congrats Mr Brewster.

Cheers  :002:

FFS We scraped a win against a below par United side!! Big deal!

Johnboy, you change your mind more often than your pants, get a grip man!  :023:

FFS We scraped a win against a below par United side!! Big deal!

Johnboy, you change your mind more often than your pants, get a grip man!  :023:

I haven't been calling for his head - the worst I said was that if we finish the league in no better than 11th spot, then he should go.

I don't change my pants all that often either...  :016:

Guest WynessLegend

I am sure that Brew will appreciate the more positive thoughts expressed on here today.

Cheers  :002:

I think it is extremely unlikely that Brewster ever logs on to read the very limited views expressed on this forum.

His performance certainly indicates that he is making better use of his time.

I think it is extremely unlikely that Brewster ever logs on to read the very limited views expressed on this forum.

Now you've identified your problem, fancy doing something about it?  :023:

Just to avoid the possibility of being misunderstood, I did not post the comment about Brew being pleased at the more positive opinions  for his benefit..more as a tacit or diplomatic admonition of the negative girners and the Brew's "Putter-Downers" on here which is frankly wearing me out .

But since his name is up there on the top of the thread I would suggest that it is just as likely that he does read them so keep up the good work and good luck Mr Brewster........    & c'mon the Caley Thistle. :030:

Still got no time for him.  Said at the time that I never wanted him back so I shall be standing by that.  The team will continue to get my support as I can support them if not the manager.  If he works a miricle and gets us challenging for the top 6 come April and maybe a cup semi or final then congratualtions to all, but I still dont like him so will not support him.

I must admit that I was in the Mee camp re Brewsters return - could not imagine a worse managerial selection for the club and the morale of the supporters!

I have in the past two games shifted my view somewhat and now feel that given a supportive assistant manager, we may be OK this season after all.

However, I find that should we now surge ahead and people do not support the club as they are then having to eat a bit of humble pie, so disappointing. 

Humble pie does taste rather nice if one is proved wrong in a positive way!