Buses

RossP

This has been covered again and again, so I apologise for bringing it up. I did use the search function on the site, but could not find what I was looking for...

My dad and about 15 work colleagues are going to the game on saturday (they tend to organise 2 or 3 trips to Caley games a year), and they were wondering what buses run from the city center to the ground.

They used to get the Pheonix bar buses, until the bar stopped doing them. So what are the options now? Is there still buses going from the bus station?

Many thanks in advance.

The buses leave at 2.15 from Farraline Park. Don't be late.

They have this ludicrous ticketing system in place now, which means that you have to get a ticket on the outbound in order to qualify for the inbound.

The logic and usefulness of this confounds me, as there are many of our fans who get dropped of at the stadium, perhaps by the Mrs going to Homebase, who then have permission for a pint in town afterwards, so want a one-way run.

They are not psychotic Motherwell fans, sociopathic Jambos, or belligerent Huns, but they are sober home fans wanting a run into town after the game.

Bizarre! Please explain the logic behind the present system..

Gordy, I think it is a case of "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it"

I believe the club received complaints of a two kinds...

1.  Away fans causing problems on the bus

2.  People who had got the bus out from town not being able to get it back as others were using it for the return only.

Fans insisted they put a system in place to prevent this problem and they have done so.

The club will never be able to cater the individual needs of everyone, but in terms of running a safe and manageable service I think they have got this one spot on.  It may be possible for the club/Rapsons to tweak the system slightly so as to allow any unused seats to be filled on the return journey, but you would need to contact the club direct to speak to them about that.

Gordy, I think it is a case of "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it"

I believe the club received complaints of a two kinds...

1.  Away fans causing problems on the bus

2.  People who had got the bus out from town not being able to get it back as others were using it for the return only.

Fans insisted they put a system in place to prevent this problem and they have done so.

The club will never be able to cater the individual needs of everyone, but in terms of running a safe and manageable service I think they have got this one spot on.  It may be possible for the club/Rapsons to tweak the system slightly so as to allow any unused seats to be filled on the return journey, but you would need to contact the club direct to speak to them about that.

I had no idea about your No2 CaleyD, but I guess curing 1 would go a long way to solving problem 2. Otherwise why don't the kind and resourceful Rapson's stick on an extra bus at full-time. People making the two way journey, would seem to me to be no bigger fans, than Joe One-Way. I mean, they want to make the gesture, why not follow through. The need is there.