• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

has Caff scored for St J?

Hold on... Caff signed for St Johnstone?  :004: :016:

on loan till end of season with no recall clause so as good as signed for them permanently.

Christ, this commentator is more interested in the scores from every other game apart from this one.

Though welcoming comments;

Staring to over play, over elaborate.  Score the perfect goal.

Marius Niculae has been exceptionally.

He has just mentioned the Huddersfield score.  I don't care, same about the Blackburn math.  If I wanted to know these scores I WONT BE LISTENING TO THE SCOTTISH COVERAGE.

what crap commentary ..... makes me wish this weeks game was blocked  :015: :015: :015:

Irvine: "Caley were formed in the late 90s"

Irvine: "Caley have a good record against Hibs, especially here at home ..... but this game is away."  :029:

Irvine: "Flicky Flackies" WTF  :017:

It was awful commentating.  He wasn't interested at all in the game.

I heard the whistle go for the end of the match, yet he was too busy telling us that other games had finished.

But a win is  win I suppose.

Great result, but Gretna never really tested us and that showed in the second half when we looked like we were trying to walk the ball home or create that "perfect" goal to mark the 1000 mark.

It's feckin cold out and I need a cuppa to thaw....I'll be back  :shooting02:

Strange game. They looked the better team in the first 30 minutes, and we were awful. Then Marius hit a good shot (didn't seem too much power in it though, but it went in), and that was that!!

Marius was then bundled over and Rankin scored the penalty, then a few minutes later Marius got the third.

We really weren't 3 goals better than them at HT.

Second half we seemed to want to walk the ball into the net, and but for their keeper, we could've had 5 or 6. Duncan hit a superb shot which produced a stunning save, Proctor hit the bar, and we had numerous other chances(saying that, they had a few too).

Michael is looking better all the time, and pulled off a few good saves today.

Defence was sound. Proctor slotted in well, and Tokely/Hastings got forward at every opportunity.

Cowie wasn't at his best(again), but Blackie and Duncan wer both excellent. Rankin was everywhere, although he seemed to be trying too hard at times, and he started doing the tricks(which often di9dn't come off)

Marius was deserving of his MOTM, Dennis was strangely off form(he had a bit of a mare first half).

Patti looked ok when he came on, but his passing was woeful. 3 times he had opportunities to put someone in the clear with a simple pass, but he fecked it up each time!

3 easy points, bring on the Hibees next week :022:

By the middle of the secondhalf the cold came down...Jees!

Different class today, but I am always disappointed when we dont top up in the second half. Russell's run for Marcus' first was top notch, and, though he still cant pass, he seems to be a lot more attack minded, as does Hastings. In fact Russell seemed to run a lot from the front of the defence. Marius took his goals well, and did a very theatrical bow for the Rumanian Ambassador.

The rest of the midfield were off today. Cowie was subbed, as  lesson, I suspect and headed down the tunnel, and Blackie didnt seem as sharp as usual., nor did "Wantaway Midfielder" Rankin. Great to see Marcus doing the business, nearly scored within a minute of coming on. Dennis well off the pace. Their keeper was in top form and had a couple of beauties - credit to Gretna Green, they kept coming forward.

On that performance a better team might have punished us, but them's the breaks. I dont want to be ungrateful

Sad that the points moved us in the table so little, but bring on the Huns for their usual!

Hmm... Don't know about Gretna's supposed ascendancy in the first 30 - I thought we looked the more likely to score, even if they had a bit of possession. You know those games where you're on the edge of your seat because it could go either way? This wasn't one of them. Even if Gretna had scored, you felt we'd score a couple more than they did.

Pass marks for all; no real doubt about Niculae's Man of the Match award from the sponsor and the Beeb, although Rankin might have been in with a shout had it not been for some circus-ring aren't-I-class buggering about which probably cost us goal number 1000; special mention for Duncan and Blackie in midfield; Proc played well at centre back; honourable mention for Ross who had a vastly improved game (albeit against a different class of opposition) - that long, cross-field pass was gorgeous, for one.

Markus - fantastic to see you back and in cracking form, but what the **** is that pudding-basin haircut about?  :016:

:021: :021: :021:

Agree Gav

I thought Patti was a class act when he came on, not just cos I had been touting his name, but he was willing to take defenders on and have a go.  He almost scored a couple of goals and will do soon.  Header from six yards forced Caig into point blank save and shot in the box was unlucky, on another day two goals.  Wyness was subdued, I'll put that down to his recuperation period.  Marius took his goals brilliantly and again showed tremendous skill and vision, Duncan did great but over elaborated, McGuire............ahem Proc showed he is better than McGuire, Tokely was immense, Fraser is the keeper we knew he can be, every one did their bit but for me, once again Black was the constant standout, another brilliant performance from him.  Rankin for me did good, but he kept hitting the first defender with his corners, then once he sussed that he overhit them.....Paisley beckons anyway.  Well done ICT, comfortable win, but maybe should have been a record breaker.