FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Free bikes in Inverness?

Action Man

Has anyone used the free bike service in Inverness, and any thoughts on whether it will take off or not?

You'd have to cycle bloody fast down the runway.....

By the way, has no one thought of imposing a Bike Tax to pay for all these cycle paths that none of them uses and all the inconvenience they cause over taxed car drivers by getting in the way and slowing the traffic down? Oh yes, and annoying the **** out of you with these flashing front and rear lights!

Has anyone used the free bike service in Inverness, and any thoughts on whether it will take off or not?

You'd have to cycle bloody fast down the runway.....

By the way, has no one thought of imposing a Bike Tax to pay for all these cycle paths that none of them uses and all the inconvenience they cause over taxed car drivers by getting in the way and slowing the traffic down? Oh yes, and annoying the **** out of you with these flashing front and rear lights!

Get with the programme, Charles. FACT 95% of cyclists are also car owners. FACT Runners use cyclepaths too. Saving the planet blah blah blah

Oh yes, and annoying the **** out of you with these flashing front and rear lights!

If I mind right cyclists need to display a steady white light and a steady red light on the front and rear of their cycles. If they only have flashing lights they are breaking the law. Having a flashing light is simply an additional precaution.

Not 100% certain.

Get with the programme, Charles. FACT 95% of cyclists are also car owners. FACT Runners use cyclepaths too. Saving the planet blah blah blah

There should be a Runner Tax too... look at all the CO2 they breathe out unecessarily! Also, if a car owner has two cars, he pays two sets of tax, so why not a car and a bike? And I think there should be an extra tax on cyclists who wear that hideous bondage gear a lot of them go in for. It's dreadful!

Another environmental thought - what is the carbon footprint of a condom?

I would suggest that it is very large and negative, given that condoms stop the creation of PEOPLE who are the ultimate producers of CO2. That's why I think that Al Gore, with four CO2 producing children (as opposed to the mandatory one for the poor Chinaman about whose burgeoning economy the Americans are bricking it and are looking for excuses to stunt), should concentrate on keeping his bits in his trousers rather than moralising to everybody about greenhouse gases.

I don't have an issue with the concept of cycle lanes, what I have an issue with is the fact that they put them in the stupidest of places and often where the road is barely wide enough for cars, never mind the addition of a cycle lane all this does is force cars on to the wrong side of the road and increase the risk of a head on collision.

Clachnaharry is the prime example where half the road is given over to the cycle lane.  Not only have I never seen anyone cycling there, but if you drive anything larger than a Fiat Panda you have to either drive in the cycle lane or on the wrong side of the road!!!

Andddd....even where they have the cycle lanes separate from the road (Culloden Road at the A9 end and the end of Barn Church Road nearest the town) the cyclists still insist on using the road  :029:

I can't make up my mind if bike users on British Roads are extremely brave or extremely stupid, and I do have a certain sympathy for them, but at the end of the day most roads just aren't suited to coping with the ever increasing levels of traffic and cyclists just add to the problem.  If cyclists want priority lanes then they should be expected to pay the costs of widening/upgrading roads to accommodate them instead of expecting it to come out of the pocket of the motorists.