FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Does anyone remember........................

Alex MacLeod

Not feeling defensive (don't think there's anything to defend)

Really?

But you misunderstand me, that?s the point I was making.

It?s not the site, the management of the site, or even the number of forums.

What I crave is a bit of quality amongst the quantity.

How?s the bone?

What do you want?? A debate on philosophy would that brighten up the board for you??

• 3 weeks later...

We saw the Coia's not so long ago....I've a funny feeling they are still around!  :004:

One of the things that puts me off is you have to scroll through so many threads and arguments now, the site is a victim of it's own success!  Shame!  PB doesn't post, and I rarely do.  You could never get us off the old site!

I get the feeling folks are a bit more disillusioned with it all now, we were always the underdog, I remember going

to Hampden thinking "how the heck did this happen"!  Them were the days!

Mrs PB

It's the nature of the beast really.

People who talk about the site being "better" in the olden days are inevitabley those who are from that "generation" of the websites history, when it was smal and "cliquey".

You don't find many "newbies" saying that and it's the same on every forum across the internet. For example, it crops up on P & B with folk talking about how General Nonsense used to be better than it is now. It's not just restricted to ICT Online.

A sites users is what makes a site. As Caley D says if you want to make the site better then it is entirely up to yourselves. Scotty and Caley D can only do so much but if the posters decided to stay away for whatever reason then there isn't much that can be done.

I think it would be great to see some of the "old skool" posters coming on here again but sadly, for whatever reason, they have decided not to.

I think also that ICT being in the position they are now might affect the site. We don't win as many games as we used to because of the league we are in and thus posts are generally more half empty whereas when we were sticking 6 past Alloa we were of course much more positive.

But that's just what I think anyway...

It's like going into an episode of takeshi's castle, knowing no one will will win, but still being pulled by this invisible force to watch ICT.  :029: gets me every time.

A lot of the golden oldies dont post on this board these days, the coia's etc etc, ok thats all i can think of. That novelty factor of us being in the SPL has well and truely gone and i feel the whole nugget is goin a bit stale. But hopefully the ship can be ressurected in some form from the shallows and be refloated.  :022:

Not been online for a few days and the first thread i see is one re Marius being selected for romanian squad. I was well chuffed for the guy and when i read the thread i was disapointed to see another thread turned into squabbling over our romanian connections and team formations. Its really starting to get tedious folks, and it is no wonder a lot of posters have turned their backs on this site.

or those concered, give it a rest, its getting boring.